The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following four (4) positions:
DEPARTMENT OF STUDENT AFFAIRS:
Post Nos. 1380, 1457, & 2570 Male Wardens and 2525 Female Warden
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Diploma in Education, Educational Psychology and Social Work
- A minimum of three years’ experience in working directly with students in the institutions of higher learning.
- Mature applicants of sober habits in the age of 35 to 55 years will be given preference.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- A caring, friendly and outgoing manner.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- The ability to relate to and respect the wide variety of people.
- A well-organized approach to work.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- An awareness of residents needs and services.
- Ability to make decisions and stay calm under pressure.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to keep records and write reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of students’ cultures.
- Ability and willingness to work extra hours.
- Must have Code B –Driving license.
- Manage Tenancy Agreement.
- Manage inventory in the Halls of Residence.
- Allocate and manage accommodation and control rent.
- Inspect property and prepare for repairs to be carried out.
- Look after the welfare of student residents.
- Check on health and safety of students and conduct risk assessment.
- Work with outside agencies, parents and guardians.
- Deal with emergencies, Health Centre, safety and security, police and Student Counselor or psychiatric Nurse.
- Ensure there is effective security, including safe keeping of keys.
- Manage communal space and facilities.
- Deal with any problems with buildings or tenants.
- Provide necessary assistance for students with disabilities.
- Involvement with marketing of student residents.
- Arrange activities such as community service, clubs and motivational conferences for students.
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable for Locals.
Information Required from Candidates:
Applicants are to address the stated qualifications and provide other information to assist the University to determine their suitability for the position. They should also quote the vacancy number of the post applied for, provide current CV’s (including telephone, telefax and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts and three typed references. One of which must be from the current or previous employer. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants should inform their referees to submit their references directly to the address below, before the stipulated closing date. References addressed “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” will not be considered as references. Application letters and references/testimonials should bear signatures and must be addressed to: Director – Human Resources, National University of Lesotho, P.O. Roma 180, Lesotho or emailed to email@example.com
Closing date for receiving full application for the position is 15th December, 2017. DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.