The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) as a body that is mandated to deliver elections, is currently preparing for 2017 Local Government Elections. Applications are therefore invited from suitable Basotho nationals to work as Temporary Voting Station Officers.
Under the general supervision of the Voting Station Manager, the Voting Station Officer shall perform the following duties:
1. Assist the Voting Station Manager in Placing election materials at the polling station at least two (2) days before the poll.
2. Usher the voter to the appropriate polling station on voting day.
3. Check the voter’s finger for possible presence of Indelible Ink.
4. Check the voter’s name in the voters’ register.
5. Issue the ballot papers to the voter.
6. Ink the voter’s forefinger.
7. Assist the Voting Station Manager in the counting of votes after closing of voting.
8. Assist in the roll back of voting material.
9. Perform any other duties assigned by the Director of Elections that are related to voting activities.
• Have at least a C.O.S.C pass.
• Be registered as an Elector and first preference will be given to applicants who have registered in the respective council.
• Management, teaching and extension experience will be an added advantage.
• Must be between the ages of 21 and 50.
Application forms are available at the Constituency Offices; they must be completed and returned to the same offices on or before 25th August, 2017. Applications must clearly indicate the position the applicant is applying for.