The Water and Sewerage Company (WASCO) is a public Company mandated to provide potable water and sewerage services in urban and other designated areas of Lesotho. The Company intends to install prepaid meters to its customers as initial step towards migration to smart metering system.
The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to solicit proposals from vendors qualified to supply WASCO with prepaid meters for domestic and no-domestic customers. Non-domestic customers will be installed bulk prepaid meters to maintain constant supply. The project will begin by replacing current post-paid meter for all customers located in all urban areas where the Company operates. This project is expected to start in the next financial year (2017/2018) and it will be run in phases starting with non-domestic Customers.
Eligibility and Required Information
Qualifying Companies should indicate the following information;
- Evidence of business registration (Valid traders License and Tax clearance certified at source)
- Business Profile
- Evidence of track record in performing similar assignment (In the last five years)
- Availability of appropriate skills within the business
- Methodology, warranty and after service support
- Any other information that may be considered material
WASCO will consider proposals from single or multiple vendors working as a team. The ideal vendor(s) are expected to have experience in either manufacturing or supply of these products.
Scope of Service
Scope of service will consist of, but not limited to the following;
- Replacement of post-paid meters and installation of prepaid meters to existing network
- Supply of the related software for customer database, water sales, maintenance and reporting
- Alignment of any software to the Company’s billing system where necessary
- Identify possible risk and advise Management
- Provide training to the Company’s Meter Maintenance Team, Customer Service and Cashiering Team
Sealing and Marking of Tenders
Proposals should consist of financial and technical parts in separate sealed envelopes which will then be sealed in one outer envelope bearing no identification of the Bidder. All tenders should be clearly marked “TENDER FOR SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF BULK PREPAID METERS”
Interested Vendors may obtain further information from the Procurement Office during office hours 8.00 A.M. to 4.30 P.M using the contacts indicated below:
All proposals must be deposited in the tender box situated at the address given below on or before 17/03/17 at 1400hrs Proposals will be opened the same day at 1415hrs in the presence of the vendors’ representatives who wish to attend. Late submission will not be accepted nor considered.
Tenders and correspondence should be sent to;
WASCO Head Office,
P.O. Box 426
Industrial Area, off-Moshoeshoe Road.
Disclaimer: WASCO reserves the right to reject some or all tenders and is under no obligation to select any tender on the basis of price. The Company also reserves the right to cancel this tender at any stage during tendering process.