- The Global Fund has provided for funds under the Global Fund New Funding Model and intends to apply part of the funds to payments under the contract for “The Supply and Delivery of Equipment and Consumables for Mini Laboratories”
- The tender will be processed on International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedure.
- Global Fund Coordinating Unit (GFCU) now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for “The Supply and Delivery of Equipment and Consumables for Mini Laboratories.”
- The delivery period is as shown in the table below:
|Item Description||Quantity||Delivery Period|
|Laboratory Chairs||26||4-6 Weeks|
|Emergency spill kit||26||4-6 Weeks|
|Laboratory Floor standing refrigerator without freezer unit 140L||26||4-6 Weeks|
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information for the inspection of the Bidding
Document from the Global Fund Coordinating Unit (GFCU) website: www.gfcu.org.ls or the procurement unit, MGC Park, 4th Floor, Corner Pope John II & Mpilo Boulevard. The telephone number is +266 22 324 023. Telefax and Email bids will not be accepted.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of non-refundable fee of M500.00 (Five Hundred Maloti) or its equivalent in any convertible currency, net of all bank charges. The method of payment will be bank wire transfer; certified cheques, and/or any other secured method of payment, payable at: Bank: Standard Lesotho Bank, Branch: City Branch, Account #: 0140038949101, Account Name: MOFDP-Global Fund; Bidders must quote the “Invitation for Bids” Number when filling the deposit slips. The bank deposit slip should then be submitted to Finance Section where a receipt will be furnished. The bidding documents shall be collected from Procurement Unit.
- Qualifications requirements for award include amongst others: (a) business experience of not less than three years in similar jobs, (b) successful completion of similar contracts of not less than M500,000.00 in the past three years, and (c) evidence of acceptable after-sale support or service.
- It is mandatory for bidders to submit the following valid documents: (a) Tax Clearance Certificates; (b) Trader’s Licence, (c) Certificate of Bona Fide Bidding, (d) Shareholders certificate and (e) Bid Security as detailed under 11 below. These documents [especially (a) and (b)] shall either be originals or certified copies from source (e.g. Lesotho Revenue Authority and Trade Department). Non- compliance with this requirement may invalidate a bid.
- Bids shall be valid for a period of Ninety (90) days after Bid opening.
- Bids clearly marked “The Supply and Delivery of Equipment and Consumables for Mini Laboratories” must be delivered and deposited in the tender box located at the Main Reception, Fourth Floor MGC Park at the address below on or before 28th March 2017 at or before 12:00 hours local time. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders and/or their representatives who choose to attend in person at Global Fund Coordinating Unit Boardroom.
- All bids must be accompanied either by a Bid Security (Bank Guarantee or Bid Bond) of 2% or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency or a Bid-Securing Declaration (Declaration Form) which will take Three (3) years suspension period if the bid-securing declaration is not complied with by the bidder withdrawing its bid and they shall be valid for Twenty-Eight (28) days beyond the validity of bid.
- The Purchaser reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, and to annul the bidding process and reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to Bidders. The Purchaser is under no obligation to accept the lowest bid.