The Lesotho Electricity Company (Pty) Ltd (LEC) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders (Equipment Manufacturers or Electrical Contractors (Local Category A+ Contractors) thereof for the provision of necessary Goods and Works, design, and other technical and civil Engineering services necessary for the successful completion of the supply, delivery to site, off-loading, erection, testing and commissioning of one 5MVA 66/11kV transformer supplied by LEC, one 72.5kV circuit breaker, three pole isolator and earth switch, set of CTs, 11kV neutral earthing resistor at Pitseng sub-station in Leribe, Lesotho.
The works involve the following;
- De-commission and dismantle 66/11kV 5MVA Transformer at Katse Intake sub-station and install it at Pitseng sub-station.
- Design, supply, install and commission 1 x 11kV NER, 1 x 72.5kV circuit breaker and CTs, 3 x 72.5kV & 3 x 12kV Transformer surge arresters and 1 x 72.5kV combined three pole isolator & earth switch at Pitseng substation, Leribe Lesotho.
- Design, supply and install steel supports, foundations and all civil works necessary for successful completion of installation of 66/11kV 5MVA transformer, 72.5kV Circuit Breaker, combined three pole Isolator & Earth switch, 72.5Kv CTs and 11kV NER at Pitseng sub-stations.
- Design, supply, delivery, install and commission 66/11kV 5MVA transformer protection and control panel including protection and control cables at Pitseng sub-station for new circuit breaker and 5MVAtransformer
- Maintain access road of 340m x 6m from Katse Main Road to Katse-Intake sub-station; and comprehensive contract management.
Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at Procurement offices at:
Lesotho Electricity Company (Pty) Ltd.
53 Moshoeshoe Road
P.O. Box 423
Tel: +266 2231 2236 or 5227 2219, 52272360 or 5227 2146
Fax: +266 2232 7647
Bids must be delivered to the tender box located at LEC Management Block reception on or before 14:00hrs on Friday 8th September, 2017, and will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 14:15hrs on the same date.
Site Visit: The bidder is advised that it is his responsibility to visit and examine the site of works and its surroundings and obtain for himself, all information that may be necessary for preparing the tender and entering into a contract. The costs of visiting the site shall be borne by the bidders. There will be a pre-bid meeting that will be followed by site visit for tenderers that wish to inspect site conditions on Tuesday 15thAugust, 2017 at 09:00hrs at the LEC Training Centre.