- To lead the Branch with the objective of providing efficient customer service and achievement of sales targets.
- To assess and understand the risks associated with telling transactions, handing of cheque books, MasterCard and ATM cards and maintain an effective system of controls to reduce exposure and thereby minimise risk.
- To maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Complete all compliance training within laid down timelines
- Creates and maintains a service-orientated environment in the banking hall.
- Ensures that staff deals with customers efficiently and effectively.
- Ensures that laid-down instructions are adhered to for all routine transactions pertaining to customer enquiry related functions.
- Authorises amended daily ATM (Automated Teller Machine) withdrawal limits.
- Authorises issue of ATM cards (linking/re-orders) as well as Personal Identification Numbers (PIN).
- Ensures that all routine functions are adhered to according to laid down procedures.
- Ensures that direct reports provide customers with exceptional service.
- Ensures that there is a sufficient number staff in place to meet the fluctuating demands of customers by effectively interpreting and actioning the data provided by the Branch
- Ensures that sales targets are met.
- Gains a sound understanding of the different Regional segments in the branch’s area of operation.
- Keeps up to date with changes and developments in the Regional/area.
- Manages the sales tracking system and provides coaching and feedback to the team.
- Coaches the sales team on product knowledge and makes the most of cross-selling opportunities.
- Assists subordinates in generating meaningful and value-added customer solutions, thereby achieving maximum business development.
- Focuses on multi-channel integration.
- Manages work list queues to ensure items are actioned within agreed timelines, and/or re-assign staff to different queues to ensure work completed within agreed timelines
- Ensures staff are appropriately reflected on the organisation structure for distribution of work items to the correct staff/teams
- Monitors and manages the performance of team members, as it relates to Leads, Queries and Complaints management
- Ensures that laid-down instructions relating to the control, handling and movement of cash are adhered to.
- Ensures that cash holdings are kept within prescribed limits.
- Authorises encashment of cheques and other cash withdrawals referred by tellers.
- Ensures that where required tellers’ balance specifications are completed correctly daily according to laid down procedures.
- Monitors cash differences and ensure that these are reported according to laid-down instructions.
- Ensures that the teller competency database is updated on a weekly basis.
- Ensures Duty of Care tests are conducted half yearly (every six months) for Tellers, BDC and relief staff.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Business related course or related field
- 3-5 years’ branch banking experience, with exposure to all departments and overall customer service
- Good knowledge of banking practices and procedures
- Knowledge of compliance management processes
- Understanding of the Connect (employee engagement) methodology
Closing date: 14 April 2018