Specific Procurement Notice
Purchaser: Ministry of Education & Training
Project: Lesotho Education Quality for Equality & Lesotho Basic Education Improvement
Contract title: Supply & Delivery of English Readers for Grade 4 to 7 for 332 Schools
Credit No.: 5820 LS & TFOA5372
RFB No: WB/LEQEP/G12A
Issued on: June 5, 2018
- The Kingdom of Lesotho has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Lesotho Education Quality for Equality Project & Lesotho Basic Education Improvement Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Supply & Delivery of English Readers for Grade 4 to 7 for 332 Schools.
- The Principal Secretary for Ministry of Education and Training now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for Supply & Delivery of English Readers for Grade 4 to 7 for 332 Schools (WB/LEQEP/G12A) to be delivered at School Supply Unit (SSU). Details are as follows:
|Lot||Grade||Description of Goods||Quantity||Estimated Delivery Period|
|1||4||English Readers for Grade 4||28,600||4 – 8 weeks|
|2||5||English Readers for Grade 5||29,904||4 – 8 weeks|
|3||6||English Readers for Grade 6||22,300||4 – 8 weeks|
|4||7||English Readers for Grade 7||19,400||4 – 8 weeks|
Evaluation will be carried out on a “lot by lot” basis.
Qualifications requirements include: (a) minimum average technical score of 60% for each set per lot/grade; (b) minimum general experience of three (3) years in operation; (c) minimum of two (2) successfully completed similar contracts in magnitude and scope as specific experience; (d) audited financial accounts for the past two (2) years; and (e) access to credit facilities of a minimum of 30% of the Bid Price.
- Bidding will be conducted through national competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 edition (“Procurement Regulations”) and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Procurement Unit, Education Facilities Unit, Attention: Procurement Manager a.i. (Mr. Ntsibolane Hlabi email: [email protected]; Mr. Lijane Nthunya email: [email protected]) and inspect the bidding document during office hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the address 1 given below.
- The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of M400.00 or equivalent in a freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be cash only, payable at the Accounts Department, Administration Block, Ministry of Education and Training Headquarters, located next to ECOL Building (white building) near the traffic light. The document will be collected from Procurement Unit or sent by courier if so required by the bidder.
- Bids must be delivered to the address 2 below on or before 9:00 am on July 18, 2018. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the same address 2 below on the same date of July 18, 2018 at 9:30 am.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of M10,000.00 (or equivalent in freely convertible currency) per lot.
- The addresses referred to above are:
- For documents and clarifications (Address 1):
- Procurement Unit, EFU, Site 130 Fokothi, Off Moshoeshoe Road, P. O. Box 1279, Maseru 100, Lesotho. Attention: Procurement Manager Tel: (+266) 22324968, Fax: (+266) 22324968. Email: [email protected]; [email protected]
- For bids submission and opening (Address 2):
The Tender Panel Secretary, Room 404, Inspectorate Building, Ministry of Education and Training, Constitution Road, P. O. Box 47, Maseru 100, Lesotho
- Bidders must be aware that there will be a Pre-bid meeting held at National Curriculum Development Centre (NCDC) Board Room located in the building opposite Procurement Unit, EFU, Site 130 Fokothi, Off Moshoeshoe Road as indicated under Address 1 above on June 20, 2018 at 10:00am.