Purpose of the position:
To provide field leadership in Sponsorship Systems, Business processes and Partnership Standards. Improve good relationship between the child, family and community with the sponsor and to enhance good performance of the AP in the management of child and project information.
Provide support to shape and strengthen WV Lesotho child protection policy and advocacy and Justice for children agenda geared towards influencing public policy for improved service delivery in different sectors through citizen empowerment and mobilization. Promote protection and participation rights of children in communities.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
|Provide sponsorship management and leadership to the AP sponsorship team including volunteers||7%|
|Design and coordinate the processing of quality annual mailings in line with sponsorship standards to ensure sponsor retention.||10%|
|Educate AP staff, communities and volunteers on Sponsorship in Programming (SIP) for ownership of the processes.||5%|
|Regular production, generation and analysis of reports on well-being of children and correspondences.||5%|
|Ensure quality review of Horizon captured Rich Media files (child and community) before importing into Horizon for sponsorship 2.0.||5%|
|Ensure compliance and credibility of data in Horizon TFE in each AP.||5%|
|Develop integrated activity plan, share with AP’s, monitor and report progress in Horizon TFE.||5%|
|Perform systems maintenance processes (running of new deployments for Horizon mobile scheduled upgrades and reconciliation processes).||3%|
|Facilitate GIK planning, distribution and reporting||5%|
|ADVOCACY AND JUSTICE FOR CHILDREN:|
|Implement key advocacy and child protection models in all the existing Aps of WVL such as Child Protection and Advocacy (CPA) and Citizen Voice and Action (CVA) through capacity enhancement to relevant structures at the AP and cluster||10|
|Implement integration of CESP into TP’s through proper planning, monitoring and budget management.||5|
|Enhance partnership with relevant internal and external stakeholders to advocate for policy influence and implementation for improved service delivery in different sectors at the local and cluster level.||5|
|Document and share evidence to increase WV engagement in public policy and advocacy process to inform National level Advocacy initiatives.||5|
|Ensures that staff and volunteer understand and have signed the child protection policy. Ensure that compliance Consent forms are signed by parents prior to child participation in WVL activities respond promptly and appropriately to child protection incidents and reporting to relevant structures and on Ethic point and follow cases until closure.||5|
|Strengthen Child Protection and participation initiatives at local and district level and ensure implementation of children’s ideas by different role players at the local and district level.||5|
|Provide quality reports (monthly, semi and annual) to the Cluster Manager as per the World Vision reporting guidelines.||5|
|Engage actively in resource mobilization for cross cutting themes initiatives including it takes the world to end violence against children global campaign.||5|
|Facilitate staff Spiritual Formation and promote Kingdom values and spiritual growth at the AP and cluster level utilizing different approaches such as COH for CP for Gender, HIV/AIDS and MNCH, Empowered World View, Celebrating Families and Jesus source of the living water.|
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Solid experience in advocacy work preferably in the field of child protection;
- Excellent facilitation, presentation, communication and reporting skills;
- Be culturally sensitive and have the ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds;
- Must be able to work independently while being a team player;
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior to experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification Required:
- Degree in Law, political science, Social sciences, rural development, public administration or community development or Diploma in the same disciplines with 3 years’ experience.
- Experience in working within the civil society organizations, community and faith based organizations
- Experience in engaging governments and working in policy environment
- Familiarity with Child Rights dynamics
- Experience in conducting policy oriented research
- Minimum of three (3) Years work experience
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Work in formal and informal context
Closing date: 16 March 2018