Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
This incumbent is responsible for collection of information on Bank’s office supplies and spare parts requirements, analyse information on stock consumption, provide statistics and data for decision support, draft reports and meetings minute’s related Stock issues. Receive procured goods and maintain an accurate and updated record of all stock items entries into the computer system. Track the status of the stock, transfers, replenishments, and obsolete stock items for disposal, supervise the movement of stock, stock keeping in the warehouse and stock room and participate in the inventory control. Monitor the stock levels and prepares reports as required.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Holds at least Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Engineering, Law, or in any other relevant discipline.
2. Have a minimum of six (6) years of experience in Warehousing and stock Management with experience from private sector being an added advantage.
3. Ability to operate effectively in a matrix environment both as team leader and team member.
4. Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
5. Ability to deal sensitively in a multicultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
6. Ability to identify and understands relationships, constraints and pressures affecting others.
7. Ability to recognise the need to maintain accurate records and provide regular reports to those with a valid interest in logistical activities.
8. Excellent analytical capabilities and problem solving skills.
9. The incumbent should be able to analyse information to develop a conceptual understanding of the meaning of a range of information.
10. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
11. Proficient in the use of standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Practical knowledge of SAP systems will be an advantage.
Closing date: 06 September 2017