The Government of Lesotho has secured funds from Global Fund (GF) to fight HIV and AIDS as well as TB and Malaria. The overall coordination of the funds is the responsibility of the Ministry of Finance, the Principal Recipient of these funds through the established Program Implementation Unit, the Global Fund Coordinating Unit (GFCU).
The Ministry of Health has been selected as the major Sub Recipient to most of the signed grants between the MOF and the GF. To enable the GFCU to discharge its mandate of coordinating MOH Global Fund supported activities effectively, workforce is required. The MOH therefore invites suitably qualifies candidates for the positions below:
Position : Senior HIV /TB Counsellor (1)
Duty Station : Qachasnek DHMT
The position is intended to coordinate at district HTC/TB activities at district level improved quality of life of the affected and infected people. The incumbent will be head all counselling function across the district.
1. To improve access to comprehensive care and psychosocial support for people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS.
2. To increase the proportion of sexually active adults especially the 15-49 years who know their HIV status.
3. To ensure that the community and home based/palliative care is available to at least 50% of AIDS patients who need it.
4. To reduce the impact of HIV and AIDS on individuals, families and communities
5. Key Performance Outputs
1. Conduct social mobilisation for HTC/VCT/HBC activities/services at district level
• Produced information and promotional materials on HTC/VCT/HBC
• Disseminated information and promotional materials on HTC/VCT/HBC
• Reported on progress
• Conducted awareness campaigns at district level.
2. Conduct implementation of HTC/VCT/HBC activities
• Supported HTC/VCT/HBC activities with technical assistance
• Reported on progress
3. Conduct training on HTC/VCT/HBC.
• Developed training assessment tools
• Trained professional, lay and community counsellors in HTC/VCT/HBC
• Produced training reports
• Recommended certification of to trained counsellors
4. Establish HTC/VCT/HBC activities at District level.
• Identified suitable sites
• Recommended accreditation of identified sites
• . Developed distribution plan
• Distributed materials both diagnostic and consumables
5. Monitor and evaluate all HTC/VCT/HBC activities.
• Consolidated reports from the districts counsellors
• Developed supervisory checklists
• Identified challenges and gaps.
• Reported the findings
Principal HIV and AIDS Counsellor
Principal HIV and AIDS community based programmes
Senior HIV and AIDS Counsellor
HIV and AIDS Counsellor
Assistant HIV and AIDS Counsellor
Community HIV and AIDS Counselling Assistant
Orphans and vulnerable children
Extensive travelling countrywide using various modes of transport.
Working beyond office hours.
Working with orphans and vulnerable children.
Working under pressure.
• Performance Indicators
• Progress reports
• Training reports
• Supervisory checklists
• Performance Appraisal Systems
• Distribution plan
• Training plan
Degree in Counselling / Psychology or Social Behavioural science
HTC Accredited is an added advantage
3 years working experience in HTC/VCT/HBC /TB plus 2 years at the level of managing or coordinating.
Computer literacy, Interpersonal Skills, Presentation, Consultation, Report writing Management Leadership Oral and Written communication
Patience, Tolerance, Confidential, Empathy, Politeness
HR & Compensation Manager,
Ministry of Health,
P.O. Box 514,
Maseru 100, Lesotho.
For further enquiry please contact: (266) 22314183
Applications which shall include covering letter, detailed CV and certified certificates must be hand delivered to the 2nd Floor HR Reception at Ministry of Health Headquarters, HR Department before 17th March 2017 @16:00 hrs.
Applicants not contacted in four weeks from the closing date can assume that their application has not been successful. The Ministry has no obligation to fill the positions if no candidates has been identified. The engagement contract will be ending in June 2018.