The bi-national Lesotho Highlands Water Project (LHWP), of the Kingdom of Lesotho (KOL) and the Republic of South Africa (RSA) is aimed at harnessing the water resources of the highlands of Lesotho for the mutual advantage of Lesotho and the Republic of South Africa.
The Lesotho Highlands Development Authority (LHDA) was set up to implement and operate that part of the LHWP that falls within the borders of Lesotho. LHDA is to embark on Phase II of the Lesotho Highlands Water Project (LHWP), a multi-billion-rand Phase involving large scale civil engineering and socio-environmental aspects. In ensuring that it achieves its mandate, the LHDA places emphasis on its values of caring, professionalism, execution, team work, communication and customer focus. If you are a Lesotho National espousing the above values and who is interested in progressing their career to the next level, please submit your application for the following permanent positions tenable at the LHDA:
To assist the Branch Manager by ensuring the provision of effective and efficient secretarial and administrative support services and any other related responsibilities that may be reasonably assigned from time to time.. Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Office Practice, with at least five (5) years’ relevant experience in a similar role.
Essential Requirements for the Post:
Relevant experience and knowledge of computer programs e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint; secretarial and good communication skills; deportment; and good telephone manners. A certificate of 50 wpm or more typing.
CLOSING DATE: 27 OCTOBER 2017
Reply Instruction Application Forms are obtainable at the Human Resources Branch, 4th Floor, LHDA Tower Building or at www.lhwp.org.ls. Application Forms, Curriculum Vitae’s and certified copies of academic certificates, identification and two (2) reference letters are to be hand delivered to 4th Floor, Human Resources Branch, LHDA Tower Building, Maseru or posted to the Chief Executive, Lesotho Highlands Development Authority, P. O. Box 7332, MASERU 100, Lesotho or alternatively e-mailed in read only PDF format files not exceeding 4 MB to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information that may be required about any of the positions, please visit the Human Resources Branch, on the 4th Floor, LHDA Tower Building, Kingsway, Maseru, or view the full advertisements on the website www.lhwp.org.ls.
- Only applications received before the closing date and in the prescribed format will be considered.
- Applicants must use the LHDA Application Form.
- QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER OF THE SPECIFIC POSITION ON THE APPLICATION SUBMITTED.
- Attach Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates and Motor Vehicle Driver’s Licence.
- Correspondence will only be conducted with short-listed candidates;
- Selection interviews for short-listed candidates will be at a date, time and place determined by LHDA.
- Short-listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in the CV.
- LHDA reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified.
- The employment of successful candidates is subject to positive security clearance and other requirements as may be stipulated by the LHDA.