This competition is organized and facilitated by The African Book Club and will run between 7th December 2017 to 22nd December 2017. The essay competition is part of the efforts by The African Book Club to promote the awareness and involvement of the youth in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The essay competition is sponsored by Nurture in Literacy and Selibeng.com. Nurture in Literacy is directed by Sethunya Mokoko Gall, a Professor of English and the Non-Fiction Senior Editor of the literary journal at California State University, Long Beach. The goal of Nurture in Literacy is to help individuals learn the art of writing, achieve stronger rhetoric and prose, and mould them into vigorous and confident writers.
The essay competition is rolled out ahead of the final 2017 meet-up by TheAfricanBookClub, which will be held in December 2017 and will be hosting Sethunya Mokoko Gall as the main guest in Lesotho.
The competition not only engages members of The African Book Club but also is open to all Basotho. The competition requires the participants to apply their creative, analytical, and writing skills, and/or personal experiences to develop captivating essays about their hopes and concerns regarding the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Lesotho.
We want you to do more and be part of the goals. Join our growing community of active citizens and take the essay writing challenge!
- How do you see Lesotho in 2030 in the context of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
- What are the main challenges regarding the implementation of the SDGs in Lesotho?
- How can we best address these challenges?
- 3 Books
Winning entries will be published on Nurture in Literacy website.
- Only one entry per candidate is permitted
- Entry should be 1500 – 2000 words
- Entry must demonstrate knowledge of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Entry must be an original piece of writing and not published elsewhere or submitted to other competitions
- Entry must be submitted in Microsoft Word Format
- Deadline for submissions is 22 December 2017
- All entries should be emailed to: email@example.com