Futurism covers the scientific breakthroughs and technological innovations that are shaping our future. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our editorial team and help create highly engaging, timely articles on cutting-edge science and technology. Your work will be distributed to more than 20+ million followers across Futurism’s channels, and you will have ample opportunity for advancement (both within the company and to full time status). To be considered for this remote position, you must own a laptop, have reliable internet access, and be available to work at least 4 hours a day, 5 days a week (mornings preferred).
- Writing original articles (approx. 4/day) on breaking science and technology
- Packaging stories to maximize engagement by using visual content, shareable headlines, and effective subheadings
- Tracking/recording work daily and checking in with the managing editor
- Seeking out content that will result in referrals
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is familiar with Futurism’s voice and the general science and tech landscape
- Is a ‘go-getter’ who has a passion for science communication
- Has experience writing about science and technology for a non-professional audience
- Knows how to optimize information to make it engaging on social media
- Can research, organize, and produce high quality content in a timely manner
Please include resume, cover letter, and at least three news clips with application.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent
- Science/Tech Writing: 1 year