The Global Fund Coordination Unit (GFCU) of the Ministry of Finance (MoF) intends to undertake a salary survey with the purpose of making a well-informed and objective review of its current salary structure.
MOF- GFCU would therefore like to engage the services of a reputable and technically qualified Consultant/Individual with extensive expertise in labour market analyses, management and organisational development to undertake an independent salary survey process for the purpose of review of MOF- GFCU organisational structure, staff salaries and individual job descriptions.
The main objective of this survey is to assist MOF- GFCU to make a well-informed and objective review of the current salary scale of MOF-GFCU staff in line with the prevailing local market rates of other organisations of similar work of comparable quality and complexity.
Scope of Assignment
- The Consultant/Individual shall compile and suggest for MOF-GFCU’s approval, a list of comparative organisations which may be considered for the purpose of the survey;
- The Consultant/Individual shall collect the following information (but not limited to) from each of these comparative organisations:
- Job descriptions of the positions/functions similar to those that exist in MOF-GFCU for the purpose of Job matching based on the nature, complexities and responsibilities of each position/ function;
- Collect and analyse the salary structures and associated benefits (including typical allowances and benefits package both monetary and non-monetary) of the selected organizations for existing MOF-GFCU Job descriptions;
- Summary information on the organisation being compared employer (size, number of employees, length of time present in the location, etc.).
- The Consultant/Individual shall present a draft analysis report with recommendations on the proposed salary scale;
- The Consultant/Individual shall prepare a Final Report, incorporating comments from MOF-GFCU, containing all deliverables.
The contracted consultant/individual is expected to submit a report which includes, but not limited to, the following outputs:
- Inception report which shall contain a clear methodology and detailed workplan;
- Details and Summary of data collected from the comparative organisations showing TOR matches with those of MOF- GFCU staff and the evaluation of the remuneration packages;
- The Minimum and Maximum Remuneration values of all job matches obtained from the comparative organisations;
- Proposed structure based on job matching with the comparative organisations;
- Proposed individual job description revisions based on matches with those of comparative organisations;
- A report on final survey findings with comparative organisations and analysis of the survey results, recommendations related to structure, remuneration packages and Job descriptions;
- A summary table of comparative organisations practices on remunerations compared to MOF-GFCU salary scale;
- A proposal with options for a revised remunerations scale for MOF-GFCU staff;
- To submit to MOF-GFCU all raw data documents such as completed questionnaires/tools together with relevant salary scales and all relevant documentations and correspondences received from the respective comparative organisations;
- The consultant/individual shall conduct a presentation of the process and the results to MOF-GFCU.
The consultant/individual shall maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all the data and information provided or has come to his/her knowledge before, during and after the completion of the assignment.
Expected duration of Assignment
The assignment is expected to be completed within four (4) weeks from the effective date of the contract.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful offeror shall meet the following minimum criteria:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Business Management, or Economics;
- Proven track record in the area of compensation and benefit analysis;
- Experience in the field of human resource management (experience in non-profit organizations will be an added advantage).
- Past experience in undertaking salary survey.
- Familiarity with local labour market issues.
- Ability to render consulting services in the most professional, effective and efficient manner.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills (all required reports shall be written in English).
- Familiarity with Donor Funded projects will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of the local market and the ability to identify and reach out to appropriate comparative organisations in the sector is a critical deliverable of the selected vendor.
Recommended Presentation of Proposals
The Proposal shall be presented in the following format:
- Personal Curriculum Vitae highlighting the qualifications that meet the minimum requirements stated in Section 8 above;
- Minimum three (3) references;
- A brief explanation why he/she is the most suitable candidate for the assignment,
- A brief methodology on how he/she will approach and conduct the assignment including a detailed workplan (maximum 2 pages); and
- The Financial Proposal containing all-inclusive (professional fees, all envisaged travel costs, and accommodation where necessary, etc.) total price offer for the full range of services required, broken down into all major cost categories associated with the services.
Clarifications may be requested in writing addressed to email@example.com not later than 06th April 2017 which is 14 days prior to the proposal submission deadline.
A two envelope system must be used; where one envelope will be containing One Original and three (3) hard copies of the Technical Proposal, clearly labelled “Technical Proposal” while the other envelop will contain One Original and three (3) hard copies of the Financial Proposal clearly labelled “Financial Proposal “Do not open with Technical Proposal”. The two envelopes MUST be put in one envelope/ Container bearing no identification of the Consultant/Individual, clearly marked “Proposal to conduct Salary Survey for MOF-GFCU”.
The proposals must be deposited in the tender box situated at the MOF- GFCU Reception at address below on or before 16h00, 19th April 2017:
Attention: Tender Panel Secretary
MOF-Global Fund Coordination Unit,
4th Floor, Matekane Group of Company (MGC) Office Park,
Corner Pope John Paul II & Mpilo Boulevards
Late submissions shall not be accepted and MOF-GFCU shall not consider any Proposal that arrives after the deadline for submission of Proposals. It is the responsibility of the Consultant/Individual to ensure that their proposal is received at the correct address above before or on the deadline specified above. MOF-GFCU Reserves the right to reject any or all the proposals and is not bound to award the contract to a proposal with the lowest fee. MOF-GFCU may cancel the process at any time as a result unforeseen challenges beyond MOF-GFCU’s control.