Under the supervision of the Deputy Director of Management and Operations (DDMO), the Receptionist is responsible for the reception duties for Peace Corps Lesotho office including handling deliveries. The Receptionist will greet visitors, Peace Corps Volunteers and Trainees and ensure all visitor policies are observed. This position serves as the primary contact for visitors and callers for general information about Peace Corps Lesotho. It is a full time position working 40 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Central Communication Monitoring
- Answers incoming telephone calls at the switchboard and routes the calls appropriately.
- Monitors Peace Corps/Lesotho general information email and routes emails appropriately.
- Greets visitors and Volunteers and assists them to find the appropriate staff member
- Sends out official mail packages through the appropriate courier mechanisms
- Maintains staff directory
- Ensures timely dissemination of information to Peace Corps/Lesotho staff
- Serves as the backup to the executive assistant and medical assistant
- PCV Records and Volunteer Support
- Coordinates Volunteers’ mail and packages process; prepares advance requests for customs fees, records packages, communicates with PCVs, and arranges for delivery
- Serves as backup for the executive assistant with the preparation and distribution of the monthly post newsletter
- Administrative Tasks
- Serves as backup timekeeper
- Assists the deputy director of management and operations with hiring and recruitment tasks as requested
- Receives and date stamps all invoices and reviews for completeness
- Assists the finance/administration unit in creating and maintaining administrative files
- Performs route word processing and other support tasks (printing, photocopying, etc.) as requested
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or equivalent from a recognized institution PLUS minimum three years of experience providing office support in a professional setting with strong clerical or administrative or similar experience. Good understanding of office procedures is required.
- Experience gained within the past five years in customer service.
- Strong inter-personal skills in order to work well with people in a multi-cultural setting,
- Excellent computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel), including demonstrated ability to prepare reports & develop materials.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member, prioritize multiple tasks, pay close attention to details, and follow-up on duties.
- Good spoken and written Sesotho and English.
- At least one year relevant experience with a U.S. Mission government agency or other
Please submit a well-written cover letter indicating how you fulfill all of the minimum requirements for this position, and your curriculum vitae to the Deputy Director of Management & Operations, U.S. Peace Corps, Makaoteng Estates, P.O. Box 554, Maseru; or by e-mail to email@example.com by 12:00 noon, Friday, June 1, 2018. Peace Corps will respond only to shortlisted candidates.
The Peace Corps, an agency of the US government, is the largest non-Basotho development volunteer organization in Lesotho with over 90 Peace Corps Volunteers assigned across all 10 districts as teachers, health educators, and co-facilitators of community development. We have been operating in Lesotho for 50 years, in collaboration with Basotho, and in support of Lesotho’s development goals.