ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POSITION OF PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
The Lesotho Electricity and Water Authority (LEWA) has been set up in terms of the Lesotho Electricity Act No. 12 of 2002, as amended, to regulate Electricity Supply Industry (ESI) and the Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Services (UWSS).
LEWA invites applications from suitably qualified local candidates for the following position:
Department: Consumer Affairs and Communications
Job Title : Public Relations Officer
Reports to: Manager-Consumer Affairs and Communications
Under the general supervision of the Manager – Consumer Affairs and Communications, the Public Relations Officer shall be responsible for effectively disseminating and communicating information on regulation issues to the public as instructed by the Manager Consumer affairs, and Communications, and be a spokesperson of the Chief Executive’s Office and Board, doing so in such a manner that, it improves the image of the Authority on all departments. Inform correctly factual aspects of regulatory thinking of the Lesotho Electricity and Water Authority with particular emphasis on safety, security, quality of supply and development and implementation of technical rules and codes.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribute in the planning, development and implementation of a participatory communication strategy for the Authority;
- Effectively diagnose the communication requirements for the Authority;
- Lead all activities that promote, improve and protect the image of the Authority;
- Prepare periodic media announcements;
- Promote the healthy management of the relationship with stakeholders;
- Ensure that decisions of the Authority are communicated to the stakeholders;
- Disseminate information through the media and other networks;
- Write and arrange the production of the Authority’s newsletter, in-house magazines, pamphlets, brochures, speeches, articles, and annual report;
- Maintain and update the Authority’s website;
- Coordinate logistics on the Authority’s conferences, workshops and public presentations in collaboration with Managers;
- Be a focal point for LEWA regarding LEWA’s membership in professional associations;
- Improve the confidence of license holders that the Authority has a consistent and high quality regulatory regime;
- With specific instructions from the Manager-Consumer Affairs and Communications, make public: license grants; exemptions; approvals; derogations; consents; orders; by-laws; correspondence; decisions; consultations; press release and any other formal documents issued by the LEWA; and
- Perform such other related functions as the Authority may determine from time to time.
Increased levels of stakeholders’ awareness on regulation issues; Timely production of all LEWA publications;
Good image of the Authority;
Enhanced LEWA presence in the districts;
Public relations Strategies;
Updated and interactive LEWA website.
Education and Experiences
A degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Mass communication or media studies; A postgraduate qualification in Public Relations, Journalism, Mass
Communications will be an added advantage;
3 years working experience as a Public Relations Officer in Utility regulation; and Must have a valid Driver’s licence.
Ability to work in a team of professionals; Good interpersonal skills;
Ability to communicate in Sesotho and English at all levels, both orally and in writing;
Analytical, conceptual and negotiating skills; Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Remuneration and Benefits
The Authority offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, at Grade 2. Attractive package of benefits are available.
Five years fixed term contract.
The post is based in Maseru, Lesotho. Intense regular travel to all districts for planned and unplanned communication and related assignments is mandatory.
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates must submit their application letters, Curriculum Vitae and certified copies educational certificates to:
The Manager- Human Resources, Finance and Administration
Lesotho Electricity and Water Authority
Private Bag A315
Or hand delivered at:
Lesotho Electricity and Water Authority
The closing date for submission of applications is on or before 04 August, 2017 at 12:00 pm.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.