LESOTHO TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE AND CONNECTIVITY PROJECT (TICP)
THE PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONSULTANCY (PMC) FOR THE DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT, AND DEPLOYMENT OF a “Road Accident Data Management System” for the Kingdom of Lesotho
Reference No.: LS-MOPWT 1-54513-CS-QCBS
The Government of the Kingdom of Lesotho, Ministry of Public Works and Transport has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the LESOTHO TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE AND CONNECTIVITY PROJECT (TICP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for this consulting services.
The consulting services (“services”) include support to the Ministry of Public Works and Transport, Department of Road Safety with the needs assessment study, system design and specification of automated GIS based Road Accident Data Management System (RADMS) for the Kingdom of Lesotho. It envisaged that the system will be piloted on the two district with highest accident rates (Maseru and Leribe) before being rolled to the entire country. The duration of the assignment is expected to be 36 – Months
The Ministry of Public Works and Transport through the Department of Road Safety now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short-listing criteria are:
- Experience of having satisfactorily completed at least 2 projects from year 2012-2017, as a Project Management Consultancy, involving digital automation of one or more of the following aspects in developing countries –
- Accurate capture, storage, reporting, and analysis of accident data using GIS-enabled solutions
- Accident Investigation and analysis
- Site investigation techniques
- Crash analysis methodology
- Countermeasure development
- Availability of at least 3 domain experts in assessing needs for the design and deployment of national systems such as a Road Accident Data Management System incorporating elements indicated in a) above.
- Experience of at least one Project Management Consultancy Services involving modernization through automation of any aspect of Transport sector of a Government Entity in Africa from year 2012-2017.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.14 to 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications. Where firms are associating, the submission must include verifiable evidence of association from all the parties.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the QCBS method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017. Interested Consultants may obtain further information and/or Terms of Reference in writing at the address below during office hours i.e. 0800 to 1630 hours.
Expressions of Interest clearly labelled “Consultancy service for Project Management Consultancy for the Development of the Road Accident Data Management (RADMS)” must be delivered in a written form to the address below or through email (complete submission must be included in one pdf-file sufficiently compressed to allow for transmission by E-mails given below) by 11th July 2018 at 1230hrs Lesotho time
Attention: Mahooana Lenkoe (Mr)
Ministry of Public Works and Transport,
P.O. Box 20,
Physical address: First Floor at Public Works and Transport Headquarters opposite Browns Cash & carry on Moshoeshoe road, Industrial Area, Maseru, Lesotho
Tel:[ +266 22327449/+26622326973,]
Fax: [+266 22310125]