The Government of Lesotho and UNDP Country Office will for the next five years implement a GEF-financed project “Development of Cornerstone Public Policies and Institutional Capacities to accelerate Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All) Progress”. The objective of the project is to catalyse investments in renewable energy-based mini-grids and Energy Centres to reduce GHG emissions and contribute to the achievement of Lesotho’s Vision 2020 and SE4All goals. The project will be implemented in the five district namely; Mokhotlong, Qacha’s Nek, Thaba Tseka, Quthing and Mohale’s Hoek.
In light of this, the Government of Lesotho and UNDP require the services of a Driver to form part of the technical team responsible for the successful implementation of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services for authorised personnel and authorised tasks.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs for preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements of major repairs, timely change of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing etc.
- Responsible for all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, first aid kit, fire extinguisher and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Will be required to carry out clerical work while in Maseru office.
The Driver will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work very closely with the Project Manager and team to execute their responsibilities in Maseru and the project areas.
Required Skills and Experience
- High School Certificate and a Valid Driver’s license
- 5 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs
- Experience in driving off-road will be an advantage
- Must be willing to drive long distance
- Fluency in Sesotho and English
Only short listed candidates will be responded to.
“UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.”
Closing date: 31 March 2017