MINISTRY OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY
SADC TRF PROJECT MANAGEMENT UNIT
The Government of Lesotho through the Ministry of Trade and Industry has received financial grant amounting to 2.6 million euro under the EU-SADC Trade Related Facility (TRF) to implement two projects namely “Formulation of a National Trade Policy; Development of Institutional Capacity for Standards and Quality Infrastructure; Improving Capacity for Trade and Tariff Administration; AND “Improving Capacity for Trade Facilitation; Upgrading of SPS and TBT Facilities; and Enhancing the Competitiveness of SMEs in the Horticulture Sector” over a period of two and half years ending in 2019. The institutional arrangements for overseeing the projects are such that there should be a Steering Committee and Project Management Unit which will steer the day to day projects implementation activities. The Ministry therefore wishes to engage the services of a Project Coordinator whose terms of reference will entail the following:
Under supervision of the Principal Secretary – Trade and Industry, the overall function of the Project Coordinator is to fully coordinate implementation of the activities/plans of the TRF Project and to manage day to day activities of the Project Management Unit according to the approved working modalities by the Steering Committee.
The Terms of Reference:
The Project Coordinator shall be responsible for:
- Day to day administration and implementation of the project activities;
- Monitoring approved budget performance;
- Monitoring, recording and reporting progress against the Annual Work Plan and Budget;
- Taking the lead in the preparation of activity work plans and budgets and ensuring their timely execution;
- Overseeing daily operations and activities of the PMU.
- Liaising with the Project Manager SADC TRF FSU on operational matters relating to the projects implementation.
- Ensuring timely implementation of projects activities as shown in the procurement plans and activity plans.
- Coordinating timely preparation and submission of physical and financial progress reports on the implementation of the projects activities as required by SADC TRF FSU.
- A Masters’ Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Management or Project Management.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing donor funded projects. Excellent communication and reporting skills, good organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Applications must be accompanied by a detailed CV, e-mail and telephone contact details, certified copies of educational qualifications and three references one of which must be your last employer must be delivered to:
Human Resources manager
Ministry of Trade and Industry
LNDC Centre, 2nd Floor
On or before 29TH SEPTEMBER 2017 At 16:30 hours. Late applications are highly discouraged. Should you have no response within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful in this instance, as correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.