Under the supervision of the Program Manager for Healthy Youth, the Programming and Training Specialist is directly responsible for assisting in developing, managing and implementing all in-country Peace Corps projects in the Healthy Youth Program, as well as for assisting the Program Manager with providing supervision, support, and training to an average of 70 Peace Corps Volunteers. The Programming and Training Specialist participates in the development and implementation of in-country activities and events; and participates in decisions that affect the overall operation of the in-country Peace Corps program.
- A Bachelor’s degree in subjects related to Public Health, Youth or Community Development
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a supervisory capacity, and mentoring others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to conduct training needs assessments; design materials and deliver training sessions
- Experience in mobilizing, motivating and working with counterparts and community groups
- Knowledge of gender and diversity issues in Lesotho and their effects on various aspects of development
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated computer skills to include knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a group setting
- Willingness to take calls, work, and travel after hours and on weekends
How to apply:
Please submit CV and a well written cover letter responding to job requirements to the Human Resource Assistant, U.S. Peace Corps, Makaoteng Estates, P.O. Box 554, Maseru or by e-mail to email@example.com, by 12:00 noon, Friday 22 September 2017. Only Lesotho citizens or residents should apply. Also, please know that the U.S. Embassy conducts background security checks before employment can begin.