PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
PSI’s core values are a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the local level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. PSI has programs in 67 countries. For more information, please visit www.psi.org.
PSI/Lesotho is a large, complex platform implementing programs in HIV Prevention, Treatment, Care and Support. In addition to male and female condom social marketing, the HIV program includes large scale Testing and Counseling, Voluntary Male Circumcision, ART provision and post-test support services.—all increasingly integrated with sexual and reproductive health services including family planning and cervical cancer screening. PSI Lesotho’s primary donors include USAID, CDC, DoD and Vodafone Foundation. PSI Lesotho believes in achieving outstanding results through attracting, nurturing and retaining the best talent.
The Program Director builds the capacity of PSI staff into increasingly advanced line management roles and provides high-level technical expertise to the PSI/Lesotho platform and programs. The Program Director offers guidance and assistance in technical program design and implementation (with a focus on integrated clinical service delivery) and oversees senior managers who are responsible for the day-to-day implementation of key projects. , S/he contributes to platform strengthening and staff professional development and may be pitched as key personnel on current or future projects, depending on donor demands.. This position is key personnel on an existing program, so requires donor approval.
1. Strengthen technical program quality and cost effectiveness: Inform technical program design according to local and global best practices and oversee routine internal and external quality assurance to ensure program technical compliance with local and global quality standards. Facilitate platform compliance with technical areas of PSI network quality standards.
2. Promote strong technical implementation and program management: Transfer skills to senior staff in HIV program management to ensure successful implementation of HIV Testing and Counseling, ART and post-test care and support, sexual and reproductive health services including family planning, STI management and violence against women and girls services. Facilitate cross-program annual workplanning and reporting, routinely monitoring unit costs and effectiveness of program product and service delivery according to PSI, Government of Lesotho (GoL) and donor expectations. Strengthen the team in the areas of fundraising, technical program design and implementation and donor management.
3. Facilitate a culture of using routine evidence for timely programmatic decision-making: Working hand-in-hand with Regional Research and M&E focal points, support platform research and M&E teams to strengthen and integrate platform M&E systems, aligning with PSI Global DHIS2 initiatives and streamlining a complex network of indicators, data capture and reporting systems. Support the platform annual research plan development and implementation, strengthening the capacity of the platform research and M&E teams in operations research and process evaluation. Facilitate data analysis and interpretation across the evidence and program teams, and support the development and submission of timely technical reports, expenditure analyses, case studies, abstracts, publications, presentations, etc.
4. Represent technically at the highest levels: With the senior technical team, represent PSI’s programs and technical approaches in highest level local and international technical working groups, stakeholder meetings, etc., liaising regularly with donor, GoL, partner and PSI global and regional technical teams. Inform national or international technical thinking, strategies and standards, staying current with global and local best technical practices, and anticipating the direction of future donor and public health trends.
5. Contribute to platform strengthening: Working with the Country Representative, strengthen the capacity of the platform to actively develop new program areas and to solicit incremental donor funding. Assist the senior team in developing technically sound proposals and cost efficient budgets. Participate in platform strategic planning and follow-up action plans to keep the strategic plan alive, and contribute technical expertise to the platform Executive Team and institutional Board meetings.
6. Strengthen staff capacity and facilitate professional development: Leveraging PSI’s performance and learning system and a mix of formal training and on-the-job coaching strengthen the capacity of the platform technical staff, including succession planning and grooming staff at all levels into more senior line and donor management roles. Develop and implement/facilitate formal and informal training programs, and capacity building assistance.
• 10+ years practical public health and/or clinical work experience in the areas of HIV and Sexual Reproductive Health technical program design and implementation. MD/PhD preferred.
• Minimum 5 years senior staff management experience and a demonstrated affinity for working through others and strengthening the capacity of teams to assume higher levels of responsibility over time.
• Demonstrated expertise in designing/implementing integrated HIV/SRH clinical service delivery programs.
• Demonstrated experience working on donor funded programs and familiarity with other international donors such as USAID, CDC, and the Global Fund.
• Familiarity with social marketing and behavior change communication
• Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, including operations research and familiarity with M&E system design and use of evidence for programmatic decision-making.
• Strong proven writing skills and expertise in proposal writing
• Fluency in English.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter, resume/curricula vitae (CV), list of 3-5 professional references (with contact information, supervisory references preferred), and scanned copy of all academic degrees to PSI Lesotho by email at email@example.com.. Only email submissions will be accepted. While all application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. The application submission deadline is 5:00 p.m. local time on Friday, 31 March 2017.