The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following posts:
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE:
Post No. 3657: Associate Professor/Professor in Consumer Sciences
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- A PhD in Consumer Sciences, Family Ecology or Home Economics.
- Teaching experience of at least five years.
- A Good record in research and publishing in the field of Consumer Sciences. A strong background in Family Life and Resource Management.
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the area of Child Care, Housing & Family Resource Management and Family Life Education.
- Teaching and supervision of students’ research.
- Coordination of student seminars and field attachment.
- Experience in teaching courses in Family Life and Family Resources Management at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels will be an added advantage.
- Contribute in the development of a nationally recognized research programme and secure external funding for research.
- Mentor and assist junior academic staff members to establish themselves and independent researchers within the unit and maintain the research agenda.
- Lead and participate in the reviewing of the Consumer Science and Hospitality programmes as need arises.
- Serve as an advisor and mentor to students and students organisations.
- Encourage fundraising and entrepreneurship activities of the unit and help train students to be job creators and job seekers.
- Liaise with stakeholders including government ministries, NGOs, relevant international bodies and the private sector to ensure relevance and marketability of programmes.
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable for Locals and Contract for Non – Locals.
Information Required from Candidates:
Applicants are to address the stated qualifications and provide other information to assist the University to determine their suitability for the position. They should also quote the vacancy number of the post applied for, provide current CV’s (including telephone, telefax and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts and three typed references. Two of which must be academic references. Applicants should inform their referees to submit their references directly to the address below, before the stipulated closing date. References addressed “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” will not be considered as references. Application letters and references should bear signatures of the applicants and the referees respectively and must be addressed to: Director – Human Resources, National University of Lesotho, P.O. Roma 180, Lesotho or emailed to email@example.com
Closing date for receiving full applications for the positions above is 28th April, 2017. DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.