The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following post(s):
- FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE:
Post No. 2549: Associate Professor/Professor in the Department of Soil Science and Resources Conservation
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Applicants must be holders of a Ph.D. in Soil Science with specialization in Basic Pedology, Soil Ecology and Biogeochemistry, and/or Waste Management
- Demonstrated excellent skills in developing research project proposals to obtain extramural grants and accreditation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Teaching experience at both undergraduate and post graduate degree levels
- Proven record as a successful teacher to teach courses in Basic Pedology, Soil Ecology and Biogeochemistry, Waste Management, Land Tillage and Water Management, Soil Physics and Eco climatology, and Soil Erosion and Sediment Control in Several Land use Ecosystems.
- Research experience as evidenced by publications in scholarly journals.
- Experience leading or participating in international research, education or development projects.
- At least 3 years of post-doctoral research experience
- Advising students at undergraduate and graduate levels in directed research and thesis credit.
- Pursue extramural grants and contracts from public and private sources to fund research on environmental issues.
- Provide professional and technical assistance to members of the department and its partner organizations in preparing and implementing research work plans at national, regional and international levels.
- Initiate, conduct and supervise original research in their areas of specialization.
- Contribution to Departmental and University wide governance
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable for Locals and Contract for Non – Locals.
Information Required from Candidates:
Applicants are to address the stated qualifications and provide other information to assist the University to determine their suitability for the position. They should also quote the vacancy number of the post applied for, provide current CV’s (including telephone, telefax and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts and three typed references. Two of which must be academic references. Applicants should inform their referees to submit their references directly to the address below, before the stipulated closing date. References addressed “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” will not be considered as references. Application letters and references should bear signatures and must be addressed to: Director – Human Resources, National University of Lesotho, P.O. Roma 180, Lesotho or emailed to email@example.com
Closing date for receiving full application for the position is 13th April, 2017. DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.