The Global Fund Coordinating Unit (GFCU) of the Ministry of Finance (MOF) undertakes functions required of the Principal Recipient (PR) of Grants received from the Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and Malaria. Given the density of the TB/HIV grant coupled with the Sub Recipients (SR), Sub- Sub Recipients (SSR) involved in grant implementation, the GFCU is seeking Procurement Officer to fulfill the following duties:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Procurement officer will be responsible for providing efficient and cost effective procurement services to the PR, SR and SSR structures and programs. The officer will also be responsible to develop, manage, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the acquisition of non health goods and services for all GF grants in accordance with the procurement regulations, policy and procedures as well as the PSM plan.
The specific duties and responsibility of the officer are as follows:
- Prepares and update the grants’ PSM plan of non health products for all GF grants.
- Develop a data base of reputable and registered suppliers.
- Assist in the preparation of specifications and Terms of Reference (TOR) of goods and services to be procured.
- Prepares the bidding documents in collaboration with other relevant SR, SSR and PR officers and issuing them to interested bidders.
- Ensures receipt and safekeeping of sealed bids, public bid opening and reporting.
- Participates in the bid evaluation
- Prepare contracts and facilitate signing by the relevant authorities ( at PR, SR & SSR level ) and contractors , consultants and suppliers
- Ensure appropriate certification of satisfactory delivery for goods and services of all contracts
- Finalizing procurement actions by: (1) liaising with relevant officers for customs clearance: (2) assisting and ensuring that goods are delivered at all locations and are received and inspected to be in good conditions.
- Maintains and updates the asset register in the existing computer system.
- Conducts periodic verification of all assets procured (at the SR and SSR level) through the GF grant supported programs country wide and ensure all assets are labeled.
- Prepare periodic reports on procurement activities (quarterly, biannual and annual reports)
- Performs other duties that may be assigned to you.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be having the requirements listed below which are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A relevant Bachelor Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Administration, Economics, Finance or equivalent from a recognized institution and CIPS certificate is a prerequisite.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in procurement unit with excellent knowledge of government and international procurement policies and procedures
- Experience with donor funding procurement principles is strongly preferred.
- Experience in working within a project environment and conducting procurement under strict guidelines and tight deadlines.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including oral and written fluency in Sesotho and English. The candidate should be a motivated professional and a good team-player.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Solid report writing skills.
- Strong information analysis capabilities
- Strong multidisciplinary orientation and ability to work with a variety of program partners and stakeholders
- Personal Integrity and ability to work under pressure
- Be able to work independently without supervision under high demanding deadlines.
How to apply
Applications should be delivered and clearly marked application for the position of Procurement Officer. Interested persons should forward their applications, curriculum vitae and certified copies of educational certificates on or before 23rd March 2017 at 12.00HRS to:
The National Coordinator
Global Fund Coordinating Unit (GFCU),
Only short listed candidates will be responded to.
For more information visit our website at www.gfcu.org.ls or call GFCU at 22324023