The Lesotho Water and Sewerage Company (WASCO) invites applications from suitably qualified local candidates for the following position:
Job Title : PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Reports to : Senior Procurement Officer
Purpose of the Role:
To ensure cost effective and prompt procurement of goods and services.
- Upon receipt of requisitions, sources quotations from suppliers through appropriate methods and principles.
- Cost requisitions based on competitive prices.
- Submit priced requisitions to Management Accountants to check availability of the budget of the requested goods, works and/or services.
- Liaise with the end users regarding the correctness of the specifications and the quoted price.
- Prepare a report on all Supply Chain activities.
- Arrange the requisitions according to their values and source their approval according to the different levels of authority.
- Assist the Senior Procurement Officer in the preparation of different Supply Chain activities within the cycle.
- Expedite the Supply Chain activities.
- Attend concerns from internal and external stakeholders within the Supply Chain process.
- Critical understanding of WASCO procurement procedures
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good judgment skills
- Supervision skills
- Vivid understanding of ethical Supply Chain chain principles
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Diploma in Procurement/Supply Chain Management
- CIPS certification will be an added advantage
- At least two years’ relevant experience in a supervisory role
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Submission of Applications
Applications accompanied by detailed CV, names of two referees, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts should be submitted to:
The Human Resource Manager
Water and Sewerage Company
P.O. Box 426
The closing date for submissions of applications is 4th August, 2017.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Correspondence will only be conducted with short-listed candidates.
- Selection interviews for short-listed candidates will be at a date, time and place determined by WASCO.
- Short-listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in the CV.
- WASCO reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified.
- The employment of successful candidate is subject to positive police clearance.