The above Grade G positions exist within Technical. The position provides opportunity for a young and talented individual who wishes to develop a career in this exciting industry as a Process Control Technician.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB.
The primary purpose of the job is to co-ordinate, coach and control the activities of a level one control and automation maintenance team in the production environment and to provide specialist technical advice to ensure maximum equipment availability. Optimise and modify process control systems to improve process performance and reliability.
KEY RESULT AREAS & OUTPUTS
• Ensure Asset Management integrity of control and automation equipment and systems
• Optimise and co-ordinate the maintenance of control and automation systems
• Ensure risk analysis is developed and reduction of overall instrumentation downtime
• Ensure reliable integration of process signals to the MES systems.
• Ensure effective change control management, testing and implementation (RC’s) are followed.
• Leveraging available systems and technologies to improve C&A effectiveness
• Manage backups of instrumentation configurations, field networks, PLCs and HMIs effective resource management
• Provide technical support on advanced control systems such as motion control and robotics.
• Improvement of software maintenance and fault finding knowledge within Production.
• Provide high level technical support for Artisan’s
• Manage team problem solving
• Facilitate problem solving
MAINTAIN SAFE, HEALTHY AND RISK FREE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
• Comply with safe, health and environmental procedures and legislation
• Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
• Adherence to PPE policy and identification of unsafe practices
WORK IN TEAMS
• Contribute to team and self-development
• Communicate effectively in the workplace
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in Electronic Engineering/Instrumentation or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years’ experience with Control and Automation systems
• Good knowledge of PLCs (Siemens, Rockwell, Schneider)
KEY ATTRIBUTES & CHARATERISTICS
• Excellent interpersonal & communications skills
• Team Player
• Troubleshooting, Analytical, lateral and conceptual thinker
• Excellent problem solving ability
• High energy levels and a proactive approach to problem solving
• Attention to detail and quality deliverables
• Computer literate, Strong system aptitude/Affinity with Technology
Interested and serious candidates are requested to email their written applications together with a detailed CV & certified copies of Educational certificates and passport must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, hand-deliver at Maluti Mountain Brewery, P.O. Box 764 Maseru, Site 44 Lioli Road Industrial Areas.
Deadline for submissions: 03rd March 2017
Disclaimer: a) Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
b) The employment of successful candidate is subject to positive Security clearance