THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/ DIVISION
The Energy, Financial solution, policy and regulation department is responsible for advising Regional Member Countries in the establishment of relevant policies and regulations and to structure energy investments. The department is also responsible for coordinating relevant flagship programs. Under the department there are two divisions. They are Energy Policy, Regulations and Statistics Division and Financial Solutions Division.
The Energy Policy, Regulations and Statistics Division provides leadership in the establishment of relevant energy policies and clear, predictable and transparent regulation framework to ensure financial stability of the sector and mobilization of private investments.
The role of the Portfolio Data Analyst will be to provide research and analysis of information, data and statistics, and the maintenance and updating of related tools, methodologies, and/or databases to support the delivery of programme products, projects, publications, and services.
The Data Analyst will support the PEVP complex in managing data related to the Bank’s operations (completed/under implementation/in the pipeline), ongoing or new initiatives, as well as to monitor progress towards the New Deal on Energy targets.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Master’s degree in Economics with quantitative training, Statistics, Business administration, or a related field.
2. Have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a combination of related fields such as portfolio management, sect
3. or analysis, economic analysis, energy project management, energy statistics, development or related fields.
4. Having private sector experience will be an added advantage
5. Excellent technical, analytical skills and established operational track record of achieving results;
6. Further experience in the monitoring of projects and programs, notably in the energy sector.
7. Strong conceptual abilities and capacity to produce high-quality analytical work.
8. Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels.
10. Good organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage a variable workload in a team environment, including the ability to meet deadlines.
11. Deep knowledge of the energy sector in the African context.
12. Demonstrable familiarity with energy projects indicators.
13. Extensive knowledge and understanding of AfDB administrative and operational procedures.
15. Problem Solving
16. Client Orientation
17. Team working
18. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
19. Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
20. Familiarity with database management tools like Access, etc.;
- Ability with the use of various tools available and applied by the Bank such as SAP.
Closing date: 04 August 2017