- Begins assigned clinics on time;
- Provides clinical care and monitoring to patients;
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within guidelines
- Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs;
- Reviews laboratory test results and other reports;
- Records physical findings and formulates plan and prognosis based on patient’s condition; discusses case with other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan;
- Utilizes electronic medical records system to document patient care where available;
- Prescribes medication or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, occupational therapy or related therapeutic procedures; refills medication;
- Refers patients to Specialist for consultation;
- Reviews charts and performs peer reviews;
- Completes diagnosis forms;
- Attends weekly CME meetings, monthly medical staff meetings and other meetings;
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to cover other AHF sites upon request;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises Nurse Clinicians, Pharmacy Technicians, Laboratory Technicians, Counselors
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery; MUST have a certificate in Clinical HIV Management; a Masters of Medicine (Internal Medicine, or Pediatrics) is an advantage; Lesotho medical council registration certificate; at least 1 years’ experience in an HIV/AIDS and TB clinic.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Practicing license and registration with the Medical Practitioners Council