Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensures the Clinic pharmacy meets MOH standards for licensing as a Pharmacy outlet
• Liaises with the Lesotho MOH Pharmacy Division and the National Drug Service Organization to requisition for ARVs, anti-TB medicines, antibiotics, etc
• Reviews prescriptions issued by AHF Providers or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy and clinical appropriateness;
• Prepares, fills and compounds drugs orders by AHF physicians and Nurses;
• Engages in packaging and labeling pharmaceuticals;
• Answers questions and provides information to patients and providers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals;
• Maintains established policies and procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs
• Manages appropriate data collection, such as client name, prescribed medication and cost, to maintain pharmacy files, charge system, and inventory
• Performs a monthly stock count;
• Prepares a quarterly drug forecast;
• Pre-dispenses any prescriptions for clients who are referred to PHC sites;
• Communicates with relevant personnel at PHC sites to ensure timely delivery of pre-dispensed drugs;
• Provides weekly adherence reports, monthly reports on Referral re-fills;
• Provides the Medical Director with statistical data as required;
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Supervises Professional Nurses when they participate in dispensing ARVs;
• Carries out support supervision in accordance with AHF’s policies and applicable laws;
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Fluent in English
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents;
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory bodies. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format;
Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
High Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry;
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical solutions.
Very High Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Currently Licensed Pharmacist with the Lesotho Medical, Dental and Pharmacy Council
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to communicate well with patients in a healthcare center setting;
Excellent customer service skills.