International Manufacturing company wants to employ an Operations Manager in Mohale’s Hoek, Lesotho.
The successful candidate will fulfil a senior role which involves overseeing the production of goods and/or provision of services. It will be his task to make sure the organization is running at full productivity, with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of customers and shareholders.
- The OM will report directly to and take instruction from the Managing Director.
- He will be immediately in charge of the 2 Production managers as well as the Integrated Materials Manager.
- Ultimate responsibility for Hygiene, cleanliness, safety and productivity of production staff will lie with the Operations Manager.
- Implementing and managing a Quality Assurance program.
- To direct, supervise, and coordinate activities of the production managers engaged in the manufacturing environment, while ensuring that production outputs match the customer’s specification and requirements.
- Planning and coordination of shifts operation and all labor related matters, including appointments.
- To direct supervise and coordinate the activities of the Integrated Materials Manager ensuring adequate supply of raw material and stock control.
- Ensuring the adherence of personnel to the companies’ Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for equipment asset management, including maintenance shutdowns etc.
- Continuous improvement of cost and productivity of the company.
- Ensuring that Occupational Health, Safety and Regulations are maintained to a set standard.
- Liaising with the Finance dept. on budgets and managing cost.
- Conducting daily and weekly meetings and reports to the Directors.
- Formal Tertiary qualification in project management or equivalent.
- An MBA would be an advantage.
- Min 5 years’ experience in Production/ Operations supervision in a manufacturing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of basic Health and Safety procedures.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to high performance in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in automated systems of production planning, warehousing, and logistics as well as operational execution.
- Attention to detail and thorough.
- Good communication skills spoken and written. (English, German will be advantageous)
- Problem Solving and Decision Making.
- Conflict management.
- Team Player.
- Responsible and accountable.
- Good leadership skills.
- Good time management.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Light vehicle Driver’s License.
- Willing to work flexible and overtime hours.
A COMPETTITIVE RENUMERATION PARCKAGE IS OFFERED
Applications with complete Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates, names,
addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) referees should be sent not later than
the 30th April, 2018 to email@example.com or be delivered to ;
Hangar 1, Airport Area