Job Title: National Office Accountant
Job Summary: The National Office Accountant is a member of the finance team at the National Office and is responsible for data processing into Sun Systems (SUN 6); payments processing; bank-related transactions; custody of checks, vouchers and other accountable forms.
Reports to: Finance Manager
Posted: National Office
- Captures Financial Data: Ensures financial data is captured into computerized accounting systems (Sun System) on a regular basis
- Submit journal entries to Finance Manager for review as necessary before being captured into the system
- Review account balances and ensure proper reconciliation.
- Maintain cash balances and keep track of actual cash balances on hand.
- Checks mortgage tracking system and ensure reconciliation with the Sun System.
- Process vouchers on a weekly basis in Sun Systems.
- Reconcile receivable accounts and ensure all payable and receivable accounts are netted off to zero.
- Review all transfers to ensure they meet the necessary requirements and reconcile all transfers done on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that appropriate authorization and documentation is obtained for all expenditures prior processing.
- Prepares financial reports
- Coordinate Banking Activities: Coordinates deposits and withdraws from Habitat for Humanity Lesotho accounts as requested by the Finance Manager.
- Issues Source Documents to projects staff: Maintains a ledger of source documents and issues to staff as needed.
- Internal Audit: Performs internal audits as needed.
- Assist in the preparation for the year-end audit including providing all necessary documents, establishing relationship with external auditors
- Training: Trains staff and volunteers to perform finance functions as needed and if requested by finance team.
- Any Other Duties as Requested by the Finance Manager or National Director.
- Minimum qualification needed is Com Accounting Degree.
- The minimum relevant work experience is 3 years of accounting and knowledge of SUN Systems (SUN 6) will be an added advantage.
Other Skills Required:
- Computer literacy in MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) and Sun Systems (SUN 6).
- Good attention to detail
- Fluency in English – both written and verbal
- Willingness to affirm the Christian principles of HFH.
If interested, please submit an application letter accompanied by a copy of CV and certified copies of educational certificates to the following:
Habitat for Humanity Office
Christian Council Building, 3rd Floor.
Send to the following email address:
on or before Friday 8th September, 2017.