MGC Properties (Pty) Ltd (MTPH) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Materials Engineer.
Qualifications & Experience:
BSC Degree/ Diploma in civil Engineering with emphasis on Engineering Material or equivalent plus 10-15 years relevant experience in construction material.
Knowledge of geotechnical laboratory testing and management, good working knowledge of basic specifications, principles and products associated with the construction/concrete /asphalt industry, ability to work simultaneously and independently on multiple complex issues while keeping leadership informed, strong working knowledge of laboratory process and procedures, ability to work within a dynamic development environment while maintaining process integrity and discipline, good negotiation and communication skills, motivated, conscientious and ability to work under pressure.
To manage the geotechnical laboratory and analyze test results in order to ensure that all materials used conform to specification.
KEY DUTIES AND ERSPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform geotechnical investigations, analysis and interpretations for the design of civil works, and other engineering structures
• Study the geotechnical problems along selected routes and design suitable remedial measures
• Prepare geotechnical investigation and analysis report that will be part of the Soils and Materials Report and Engineering Report
• Plan and direct quality control activities and establish production priorities for projects in keeping with effective operations and cost control factors
• Recognize and solve actual and potential problems related to quality control operations.
• Participate in quality control and quality assurance inspection of projects , identify and take corrective action as necessary
• Ensure that accurate geotechnical test results are reported daily and on time
• Review and analyze geotechnical results to determine causes of non-conformance with project specifications as required
• Assess effectiveness and maximize productivity and quality opportunities that lead to continuous improvement
• Communicate across all departments to enhance teamwork essential to consistently deliver quality project outcomes
• Responsible for supervision and appraisal of Lab Technicians with respect to job performance, attendance, disciplinary and administrative action
• Manage multiple daily activities between office and field work
• Coordinate all external laboratories testing activities with projects personnel
• Ensure all quality control operations and activities are conducted in conformance with company policies, regulatory agencies and acceptable working practices in compliance with known standards
• Develop, recommend and implement the Total Quality Management (TQM) procedures and techniques as it relates to equipment, performance, service delivery, safety an d finished products
• Perform any other ancillary duties to the position
Closing Date: Friday, 24th March 2017
• Application letters accompanied by CV’s, certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts and identification are to be hand delivered to The Human Resources Manager MGC Park Corner Pope John Paul II 6th floor or e-mailed to email@example.com bearing the subject ‘Materials Engineer’
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
• Only short-listed candidates will be responded to
• Selection interviews will be held at the date, time and place to be determined by MGC Properties (Pty) Ltd
• Short listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in their application.