The key roles of this position will be to ensure the linkage of HIV infected clients to care, treatment, support and other relevant services; and also to implement the tracking and tracing of clients who are non-compliant to linkage efforts or default care and treatment at IPHC and all AHF supported sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Together with the M&E team, implement the linkage and tracing work plan;
- Together with the onsite testing teams and data capturers, ensure that all HIV infected clients are linked to care and treatment;
- Assist with tracking of defaulters and lost to follow up clients at IPHC and all AHF supported sites;
- Together with the onsite data capturers, identify the gaps in the reporting tools and liaise with the M&E Officer;
- Work closely with the clinic based data capturers to prepare and capture the weekly Provider Productivity Report (PPR);
- Work closely with the M&E team and ensure the implementation of the Quality Improvement strategies in all AHF supported sites;
- Supervise and mentor volunteer linkage & mobilization assistants;
- Offer health education and counseling to clients when appropriate and required;
- Produce reports on linkage of clients to care and tracing activities;
- Ensures compliance to all AHF policies and procedures;
- Performs other duties as assigned;
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma or Certificate in Pastoral Care and Counselling, Statistics and Demography, Public Health or Social Sciences with health content
- Training in HIV counseling.
- Experience working in an HIV setting or working within an NGO environment, or in community work, will be highly advantageous.
Should have good written, oral and interpersonal English communication skills. Knowledge and fluency in Sesotho a must for this particular position. Ability to read, analyze and interpret training materials and clinical/technical guidelines and protocols is required.
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and internet
- Maintains 95% accuracy with data entry
- Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages and proportions;
- Ability to compute ratios, rates and to draw & interpret bar graphs. Other Skills and Abilities
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage work independently
§ Flexibility and creativity to come up with new strategies to improve the lives of patients
§ A commitment and willingness to work under pressure.
- Ability to write routine reports