Applications are invited from suitably qualified local candidates for the following positions tenable in the Ministry of Education and Training:
DEPARTMENT : THABA TSEKA TECHNICAL INSTITUTE (TTI)
POSITION TITLE : LIBRARY ASSISTANT,
GRADE : B (M31 848.00 – 37, 872.00 P/A)
Under the general supervision of the Director, the incumbent requisitions and maintains a record of all books and magazines in the TTI library.
- Responsible for Organising the Library by:
- Cataloguing and organising books and magazines in the library.
- Controlling issuance of books out of the library.
- Checking in-coming books that were loaned out.
- Ensuring that all new books and magazines are given a TTI stamp
- Issuing reminder notices on overdue books.
- Ordering library books as required.
- Remains alert on relevant book titles that may be of interest in the
- Supervising students on the various books classification and the indexing
by either author or title.
- Notifying management on books/titles that must be replaced on the
following grounds. :
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The Library Assistant must have clerk knowledge of the basic methods
of cataloguing and classifying books/ magR7ines
- Skilfully display books for ease of reference
- Ability to assist students in the proper use of the library.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum of C.O.S.C plus basic librarianship or equivalent with two (2) years working experience in a similar environment and apprenticeship to a librarian for a minimum of three (3) month
Applications on the relevant forms G.P. 104 for serving officers and G.P. 103 for job seekers, duly accompanied by certified copies of educational certificates, performance appraisal forms transcripts, diplomas etc. must be addressed to:
The Principal Secretary
Ministry of Education and Training
P. O. Box 47
Maseru – 100
Not later than 23rd August, 2018