The National University of Lesotho invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES:
Post No. 1710: Lecturer in the Department of Philosophy
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- PhD in Philosophy.
- Teaching experience especially at University level essential.
- Candidates must either specialise in Logic and Critical Thinking or must have taught Logic and Critical Thinking.
- She or he must be of good conduct.
- Demonstrated ability to attract research funding would be an added advantage.
- The successful candidate will undertake teaching at the undergraduate and post graduate levels in Logic and Critical Thinking;
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate students’ research projects;;
- Initiate/ or participate in research and seminar programmes in the Department; and
- Perform other duties including administrative, as would be required of him/her by the department from time to time.
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The position will be for a period of two years only.
Information Required from Candidates:
Applicants are to address the stated qualifications and provide other information to assist the University to determine their suitability for the position. They should also quote the vacancy number of the post applied for, provide current CV’s (including telephone, telefax and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts and three typed references. Two of which must be academic references. Applicants should inform their referees to submit their references directly to the address below, before the stipulated closing date. References addressed “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” will not be considered as references. Application letters and references/testimonials should bear signatures and must be addressed to: Director – Human Resources, National University of Lesotho, P.O. Roma 180, Lesotho or emailed to email@example.com
Closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 29th September, 2017. DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.