The National University of Lesotho’s Institute of Extra Mural Studies (IEMS) Non-Formal and Continuing Education (NFCE) invites suitably qualified and enthusiastic candidate for the position.
NON-FORMAL AND CONTINUING EDUCATION (NFCE) – IEMS
Post No. 0645: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in the Department of Non-Formal and Continuing Education
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Masters degree or Ph.D in Adult Education, Education and in Open and Distance Education
- Teaching experience of (5) years or more in Open and Distance Learning at Tertiary level
- A minimum of 2 -3 publications in referred journal
- Must have academic leadership for initiating programmes relevant to Open and Distance Learning
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach and undertake supervision of students at Diploma, Degree and Masters
- Develop Open and Distance Learning self-instructed materials to be used by heterogeneous distance learner
- Offer support to distance learners from diverse background
- Promote the development of distance education across the university
- Promote and support Open and Distance Learning for programmes and for internalization.
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable for Locals and Contract for Non – Locals.
Information Required from Candidates:
Applicants are to address the stated qualifications and provide other information to assist the University to determine their suitability for the position. They should also quote the vacancy number of the post applied for, provide current CV’s (including telephone, telefax and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts and three typed references. One of which must be from the current or previous employer. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants should inform their referees to submit their references directly to the address below, before the stipulated closing date. References addressed “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” will not be considered as references. Application letters and references/testimonials should bear signatures and must be addressed to: Director – Human Resources, National University of Lesotho, P.O. Roma 180, Lesotho or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving full applications for the position above is 6th October, 2017. DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.