The Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of lecturer (Continuing Professional Development – CPD). The applicants must be multi-skilled and experienced academic with an education background.
CENTRE FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING (CTL)
- Post No. 8000: Lecturer: Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Masters Degree in Teacher Education;
- Must have:
- taken courses in teaching in institutions of higher learning including teaching and instructional technology, programme design and educational assessment;
- experience of teaching in an institution of higher learning;
- extensive experience running as well as facilitating continuing professional development programmes especially in institutions of higher learning;
- experience in developing teaching and learning materials in higher education;
- a proven track record of research in the relevant field;
- experience in and/or participated in policy development activities.
A PhD. would be preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities needed by the University teaching staff. He/she will be expected to:
- provide professional support in the following areas: teaching/pedagogy and andragogy necessary for teaching in higher education; programme design and assessment,
- promote research on the scholarship of teaching in higher education as well as undertake research on various aspects of teaching at this level of the education system;
- organize training programmes with academic faculties to improve learning skills of students;
- facilitate in capacity building workshops and provide instructional inputs;
- facilitate training on production of teaching modules,
- document and disseminate best practice on examination techniques to help improve learner success rates;
- monitor initiatives implemented at faculty level and compile reports on progress made;
- formulate new and periodically review existing policies; and
- develop, administer, analyse and prepare reports on teaching staff end of course teaching assessment;
- Monitor development of academic and teaching portfolios.
The University offers salaries and other benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable for Locals and Contract for Non – Locals.
Information Required from Candidates:
Applicants are to address the stated qualifications and provide other information to assist the University to determine their suitability for the position. They should also quote the vacancy number of the post applied for, provide current CV’s (including telephone, telefax and e-mail) plus certified copies of educational certificates, transcripts and three typed references. One of which must be from the current or previous employer. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants should inform their referees to submit their references directly to the address below, before the stipulated closing date. References addressed “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” will not be considered as references. Application letters and references should bear signatures and must be addressed to: Director – Human Resources, National University of Lesotho, P.O. Roma 180, Lesotho or emailed to email@example.com
Closing date for receiving full applications for the position above is 6th October, 2017. DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.