CONSULTING SERVICES: LEGAL SERVICES CONSULTANCY
KINGDOM OF LESOTHO
LESOTHO TAX MODERNISATION PROJECT
Financing Agreement reference: 2100150038494
Sector: Tax Administration
Project ID No.: P-LS-KF0-003
The Government of the Kingdom of Lesotho has received financing from the African Development Bank (AfDB) towards implementation of the Lesotho Tax Modernisation Project (LTMP) and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract: An Individual Consultant for Tax Modernisation Phase II Legal Services Consultancy.
The Individual Consultant’s services included under this project are as follows:
- Review the current legal frame work that provide for taxation in Lesotho;
- Conduct legislation research on the best practices for implementation of LTMP;
- Conduct a comparative study;
- Translate business requirements into legislative provisions; and
- Identify and consult stakeholders to solicit inputs;
- Develop a programme for sensitizing both internal and external stakeholders on the new legal framework;
- Sensitise both the internal and external stakeholders about the revised legal management framework;
- Provide additional resources required to augment internal capacity and successfully deliver new legal framework;
- Prepare tender/bidding documents based on AfDB standard bidding documents, bid advertisements, and bid evaluation reports in accordance with the procurement policy and guidelines; and provide advice and technical support in conducting bid opening, preparation of the minutes of bid opening and evaluation of the bids.
The above services are to be provided to Lesotho Revenue Authority from November 2018 to November 2021.
The Lesotho Revenue Authority now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the Procurement Policy and Methodology for the African Development Bank Group Funded Operations, dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 08:00 hours to 16:30 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by 08 June 2018 at 16:30 and mention An Individual Consultant for Tax Modernisation Phase II Legal Services Consultancy.
Attn: Mr. Rakokoana Makoa
Lesotho Tax Modernisation Project
Lesotho Revenue Authority
Email: [email protected]