Under the supervision of the Training Manager, the Homestay Coordinator evaluates homestay sites to ensure conformity with established standards for safety and security of Peace Corps Trainees. The incumbent identifies training venues and trainer housing for Pre-service and In-service training activities. They develop training materials for Peace Corps Trainees and homestay families to foster intercultural understanding and enhance the homestay integration process. They further provide support to Trainees and Volunteers and families during the homestay living period to enable both groups to have a meaningful and valuable cross-cultural learning experience.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Education or related degree
- At least 3 years’ experience working in government agencies, non-profit organizations, or private businesses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in mobilizing, motivating, and working with community groups
- Knowledge of gender and diversity issues in Lesotho and their effect on various aspects of development
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated computer skills to include knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a group setting
- Willingness to take calls, work and travel after hours and on weekends
How to apply:
Please submit CV and a well written cover letter responding to job requirements to the Human Resource Assistant, U.S. Peace Corps, Makaoteng Estates, P.O. Box 554, Maseru or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 12:00 noon, Friday 22 September 2017. Only Lesotho citizens or residents should apply. Also, please know that the U.S. Embassy conducts background security checks before employment can begin.