Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
International Heath and Development
HIV/AIDS Research, Health Systems Strengthening, Advisory Services
Are you passionate about improving quality of life through disease prevention and health promotion? Then consider ICF. We work at the forefront of today’s global health issues, helping clients understand the specific needs of diverse populations and address complex health challenges through monitoring, evaluation, research, training, technical assistance, and informatics and systems. ICF’s International Health and Development Division is looking for expert consultants with experience working on HIV/AIDS programming in Southern Africa to work on a variety of projects.
Qualifications and Technical Skills
- A minimum of a Master’s degree, or equivalent accreditation if a non-U.S. institution, in public health, health systems strengthening, health administration, or public policy with a focus on health systems, or closely-related fields or a relevant area.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in a private or public entity implementing international projects/programs that strengthened health systems, health service delivery or health related public financial management related to HIV/AIDS.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a private or public entity designing projects/programs to reduce the burden of HIV/AIDS in Southern Africa.
- Knowledge of internationally-accepted concepts, policies, methodologies and practices sufficient to analyze proposals and make sound recommendations and briefings to improve health projects, particularly those related to health system delivery.
- Demonstrated understanding of the multi-dimensional drivers if HIV and responses, including social, cultural, economic, and governance.
- Experience working with a wide range of donors including, MCC, USAID, PEPFAR, CDC, World Bank, and UN Agencies
- Familiarity with analytical software such as STATA, SAS, and SPSS.
- Familiarity with administering on-line surveys using software such as Qualtrics, Google Forms, Survey Monkey
- Familiarity with qualitative data analysis software such as ATALS.ti, NVivo, DeDoose, MAXQDA
- Proven strong leadership and team work skills and ability to deliver results within specified and often changing timeframes.
- Proven ability to ensure the team produces credible evidence in support of its conclusions and recommendations from analyses undertaken.
- Excellent English verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities;
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment; and
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel).
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans Status, Disability Status, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity)