Head of Banking Supervision – Ref: HBSD
The Head, Banking Supervision is responsible for ensuring that the division works towards achieving its objective of enhancing and maintaining a healthy and sound banking sector that will stimulate the economic activities to the betterment and welfare of the public.
Areas of Responsibility include:
• To promote soundness and stability of the financial system in Lesotho through proactive and effective supervision and regulation of banking institutions.
• Improving legal and regulatory framework compatible with international norms and standards
• To contribute towards the development of the financial sector.
Candidate will have to:
• Enforce laws, regulations and guidelines that govern the operations of the banking institutions in Lesotho.
• Proactive and timely response to emerging challenges and market dynamism by deployment of supervisory methods in line with international best practice and informing policy where necessary.
• Prepare consolidated Divisional annual work plans in line with the Bank’s Corporate Plan;
• Prepare progress reports, budgets and monitor through budget variances.
• Ensure that the Bank is appropriately represented in relevant forums both domestically and regionally;
• Appraise staff through developing performance contracts and monitoring performance.
• Prepare CBL and Supervision annual reports.
• Provide Secretarial responsibilities in the Bankers Meeting.
Candidates applying for this role require the following behavioural competencies:
• Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate a long term vision, create team effectiveness, optimize performance, coach, and provide guidance;
• In-depth technical knowledge relevant to the position of interest
• Formulating Strategies & Concepts
• Deciding & Initiating Action
• Leading & Supervising
• Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
• Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
• Presenting & Communicating
All candidates wishing to apply should have the above stated behavioural competences and the following qualifications and experience to be considered at least:
• Minimum requirement is a Master’s degree in any one or more of the following or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, Banking, Economics, Commercial/ Corporate Law or equivalent or equivalent professional qualification.
• A minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience in a banking environment of which three (3) years is at senior managerial level.
*Please indicate a reference of the position applied for on the application*
Letters of application, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates, names and contacts (including telephone and e-mail) of two referees must be sent to:-
Section Head: Talent Sourcing and Development
Central Bank of Lesotho
Corner Moshoeshoe & Airport Roads
P.O. Box 1184
MASERU 100 Page 1
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing date: 24th March 2017