BAM Consultancy (Pty) Ltd invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Graphic Designer.
KEY TASKS AS A GRAPHIC DESIGNER
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Plan site design by clarifying goals and designing functionality.
- Liaise with MIS department when preparing site by installing and configuring server software; installing programming language using authoring and formatting tools, ensuring cross-platform compatibility and establishing links.
- Upgrades site by updating content and graphics, identifying and evaluating improvement options, introducing new technology and maintaining links.
- Protect site by designing and installing security precautions.
- Ensure that all internal adverts are designed and approved by BAM Promotions Manager and BAM Media Sales Manager.
- Maintain site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
- Develops site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
- During the Events and or Campaigns liaise with Manager BAM Promotions to know and understand the details on branding material to be designed, etc.
- Ensure that all the designs for Events and Campaigns which are supposed to be publicized are submitted to Marketing section.
- Meet clients to discuss business objectives and requirements.
- Interpreting client’s needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose.
- Estimating time required to complete the work and providing estimates for clients to be quoted.
- Developing design briefs; thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts.
- Plan concepts by studying information and materials.
- Use innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.
- Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to clients or managers.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Developing interactive design; working as part of a team with printers, photographers, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists;
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, etc.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required.
SKILLS, INTERESTS AND QUALITIES
- Good communication and ‘people skills’
- Determination and the drive to work towards targets
- The ability to work well on your own and also as part of a team
- Good organizational and time management skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPIRIENCE
Diploma in Graphic Designing, with relevant experience of two years. Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their detailed CVs, application letter, certified copies of educational Certificates accompanied by transcripts and certified copy of passport by Friday the 18th September 2017, no later than 17:00hrs. Late submissions will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If not contacted consider your application unsuccessful.
Physical copies must be sent to: The Human
Resources Officer, BAM Group of Companies,
Suite 02, Metcash Complex, Kingsway
Street, Maseru, Lesotho.
Email to: email@example.com