Scholarships Graduate Trainee-Business Banking at Standard Bank, City Branch
- To provide an efficient and a technically proficient administrative and support function to the Business Banking Suite.
- To support Head Business Banking with operational effectiveness of the Suite
- To take responsibility for high risk routine compliance, physical security of premises and bank assets, maintenance of premises & physical infrastructure, relationships with vendors and business partners, as well as cost management.
- Focuses on tactical initiatives within the business unit to contain costs within agreed budgets to influence a continual improvement in the cost/revenue ratio and thereby sustain long-term profit growth
- Monitors expenditure and recoveries against budget with emphasis on the containment of controllable costs, and explore opportunities for cost savings
- Influences a reduction in controllable costs through involvement in the preparation and compilation of budgets with regard to capital expenditure, operating income and expenditure
- Extracts expenditure reports from the shared drive to vet expenses that are processed through the General Ledger via Financial Shared Services Unit, and highlights anomalies.
- Extracts recovery reports from the shared drive to ensure that recoveries in respect of private telephone calls, parking and utilisation of boardroom facilities are done.
- Ensures that fees are recovered from customers for all items not covered by the monthly management fee.
- Ensures overall operational readiness and efficiency of the Suite.
- Ensures that premises are maintained in terms of housekeeping & general upkeep.
- Reports incidents when necessary (carpets, wallpaper, lighting, roof leaks, etc.) and ensures that these are attended to.
- Logs incidents for non-functioning equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.) via OPS Connect and ensures that these are attended to.
- Systems Support & Branch Delivery System (BDS) champion – overall responsibility for system problems including hardware problems and
- Escalates incidents via Systems Support Centre.
- Controls and allocates laptops and ensure that Letters of Undertaking applicable to the allocation and usage of laptops are signed and controlled.
- Responsible for the administration of profiles for Transactional Bankers.
- Responsible for access cards, control of strong room / safes as well as alarm administration.
- Accountable for shared drive and controls of shared drives.
- Arranges for the physical infrastructure (desk, chair, computer, telephone, etc.) for newly appointed staff to operate
- Applies for various application licenses for newly appointed staff (for e.g. E-mail, MS Office, Internet,)
- Arranges for newly appointed staff to have access to the various system applications
- Submits manual Staff Expense Claims authorized by Line Managers to Finance for processing.
- Ensures that recoveries are done from staff for private telephone calls and parking, and from customers for fees not covered by the monthly management fee.
- Co-ordinates leads for new business for the Suite.
- Ensures that sufficient refreshments and consumables are ordered.
- Maintains the Fixed Assets inventory, completes move sheets for relocation of items, ensures new equipment received is recorded, and obsolete equipment removed is deleted.
- Updates the Distribution List on the Global Address Book/List
- Controls and updates internal telephone lists.
- Co-ordinates the booking of boardrooms and facilities, and invitations to clients for events.
- Co-ordinates arrangements for functions set up the facilities required and recover payment for facilities.
- Ensures that stationery including welcome packs, promotional items and business cards are ordered and distributed.
- Maintains relationships with external vendors and business partners
- Assists with the collation of information required for change initiatives and projects.
- Visits sites under control of the Suite (in need and where applicable).
- Maintains information on Security and access control system (SACS) for the relevant branch as per laid down procedure
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Relevant business qualification, e.g. B.Comm Accounting, General Accountant or higher
- At least 3 years Personal & Business Banking experience in the Service and Support area People management experience
- Sound knowledge of bank’s laid-down policies and procedures relating to all areas under control.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of risk management principles and practices
- Computer literacy – BDS and Microsoft Office
- Understanding and support of the bank’s multi-channel environment