Are you 18-30 and taking part in activities to fight climate change? Send a 3 minute video for a chance to be a youth reporter at the UN Climate Change Conference in Poland in December.
Deadline, 31 August 2018
Global youth video competition requirements:
- You must be between 18 and 30 on the closing date
- Your video must be a maximum of three minutes
- Your video must be in English or have English subtitles
- You must be free and available to travel to Poland in December 2018
- Your entry form and video must be received by 11pm GMT, 31 August 2018
One winner in each of our two categories:
Category One: Responsible production & consumption
How we make and use the products and goods we use in everyday life plays an important role in tackling climate change.
Taking raw materials from the ground, manufacturing products and then throwing away our used products and waste materials can all add to greenhouse gas emissions. But there are low-carbon ways to design, produce, supply and recycle products.
We can live more climate friendly lifestyles if we manage our natural resources sustainably, and be more energy and resource efficient during the entire life-cycle of the goods we consume.
Submit videos that showcase your activities that contribute to responsible production and consumption
Examples of submissions:
- Carrying out climate friendly solutions/ideas on how to promote sustainable production or consumption
- Campaigns to promote behavioural change
- Initiatives to reduce emissions during the lifecycle of goods, in areas such as:
- unnecessary consumption
- sustainable fashion
- sharing economy
- reusing goods and materials
- transporting goods
- locally focused etc
Category Two: Green and climate friendly jobs
New job opportunities are opening up in a range of environmentally-friendly sectors such as renewable energy, sustainable design, recycling, energy efficiency, electric vehicles or sustainable agriculture.
Green jobs can improve energy efficiency, limit greenhouse gas emissions, and help people adapt to the effects of climate change.
New business ideas, green industrialization, and education can all add to the creation of safe and meaningful work in a low-carbon economy.
Submit videos that showcase your activities that contribute to creation of climate friendly jobs
Examples of submissions:
- Work or new businesses that improve the economy and addresses climate change
- Green jobs and careers related to:
- Renewable energy
- Food waste
- Construction and infrastructure
- Green design
- Technical and job-based training for green jobs
- Educational campaigns promoting sustainable employment
- Research to develop a low-carbon economy