About the Position
Main Purpose of Job:
To ensure that the team produces financial information which is in line with set procedures and timetables, helping to coordinate the completion of tasks across the team and by personally completing tasks either because they are best completed by one person on behalf of the team or because they are less routine and of greater complexity.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Com or similar and Pastel Evolution
- 3 years experience as an Accountant
- Appropriate financial accounting qualification
- Computer literacy
- Pastel Evolution
- 3 years experience as an Accountant with LIA completed articles and experience working with USAID funded organisations
Key Performance Areas amongst others include:
- Financial Operations
- Adhere to pre-set deadlines for the department
- Generate Management Reports such as:
- Cost history, detailed ledger expense history
- Assist with the annual audit preparation.
- Assist with finance manager roles and responsibilities when required.
- Review the creditors age analysis of all companies and ensure that creditors are paid timeously
- Assist review policies and procedures for finance department and recommend necessary changes to financial manager
- Assist with online banking when required.
- Management Accounting
- Assist with the development of budgets
- Assist with the review of monthly budget variance reports and investigate accordingly.
- Assist with preparing monthly and quarterly variance reports
- Assist with preparing the annual expenditure analysis for USAID.
- Assist in the maintenance of chart of accounts
- Assist with the consolidation of quarterly reports for the board
- Assist with the review of payroll recons for all grants and recommend necessary adjustments.
- GL and Cashbook
- Review suspense accounts
- Assist with the review / reconciliation of all balance sheet items for all grants
- Assist review month end closing processes for all grants
- Assist with the review / reconciliation of suppliers when required.
- Web Based Procurement (Fraxion)
- Assist in the administration of the system
- Assist in the rollout of Fraxion.
- Train relevant users
- Resolve any queries from departments regarding Fraxion
- Web Based Budgeting (IDU)
- Assist with the administration of the system
- Assist with training the relevant users
- Assist with support of the system
- Weekly Payment Requisitions
- Check VAT numbers & calculations on invoices are correct
- Check the PO to ensure that the PO is correctly completed
- Check whether there is an Original Tax Invoice and follow-up with the relevant department if not received
- Total & Cast the invoice to ensure accuracy thereof
- Ensure that the Preferred Provider is on the authorised Preferred Supplier List.
- Ensure that each payment requisition complies to the procurement policy.
- Ensure that each payment complies to the USAID regulations
- Check the GL allocation to ensure that the allocation to the GL is per the management department’s authorisation.
- Check the GL allocations to ensure that the split per the payment requisition in correct.
- Check a of payment requisitions against the contract
- Standard Lesotho Bank – EFT
- Capture payment requisitions weekly onto the USAID bank for authorisation by the Finance Manager
- USAID Cash Book
- Prepare the cashbook batch on Pastel weekly and hand to the FM by the 15th of each month.
- Prepare the Bank Reconciliation monthly and ensure that it is signed off by the authorised person. (FM)
- Credit Card Recon (USAID)
- Capture credit card payments & petty cash into Pastel
- Inspect the credit card statement to supporting documentation to ensure complete and accurate recording thereof as well as identifying any fraudulent activities
- Recommend correcting journals to the assistant financial controller where necessary
- Original Invoices
- Follow up on outstanding original invoices list to ensure receipt thereof
- File original invoices with the relevant payment requisition.
- External Audit
- Attend to audit queries raised by the auditor or the assistant financial controller relating to the payment requisitions
- Extract payment requisitions & other required information per the sample sent by the auditors.
Interested applicants must submit their CV, Qualifications, ID Copy, letter of motivation and 3 professional references, stating full name of referee, relationship, email address and contact telephone numbers.
Closing date: 17 March 2017