Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Expert Sales, Southern AfricaExpert Sales SOUTHERN AFRICA – Enterprise Security Solutions and Network Solutions
• Develop and execute sales strategies that achieve sales, revenue and profit objectives of ESS and NS in the SOUTHERN AFRICA region. Region includes 13 countries of: South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Lesotho, Mozambique, Angola, Mauritius, Malawi, Seychelles, Madagascar and Swaziland.
• The resource leading sales of ESS and NS is expected to proactively establish and manage the respective sales pipeline across all 13 countries to achieve the anticipated growth rates and revenues.
• Proactively identify and pursue initiatives that drive customer and MasterCard revenues, identifying new business opportunities with Banks and appropriate payment entities; and expansion of new business development with existing partners.
• Provide subject matter expertise on ESS and NS and leverage MasterCard integrated solutions and platforms to drive sales and revenue growth while meeting strategic product revenue objectives.
• Drive market engagement to do needs assessment and work with regional & global product teams to deliver the market level solutions.
Lead responsibility across SOUTHERN AFRICA for developing and executing sales strategies which maximize revenue and profit in ESS and NS with emphasis on following products and solutions.
• Fraud management tools, authentication products, EMS, FRM, Transaction Blocking, Safety Net, National Fraud Service, SMTM, ICCR, Installments and Private Label.
• Lead responsibility for development and expansion of ESS and NS business in SOUTHERN AFRICA.
• Drive revenue targets for ESS and NS in the region across all 13 countries and build a robust sales and revenue pipeline.
• Proactively identify and pursue opportunities in the region.
• Identify product innovation opportunities emerging from assigned customer segment and feed back into GP&S for evaluation
• Actively participate in the sales planning process with Core Sales teams.
• Provide subject matter expertise and industry thought leadership on all matters pertaining to ESS and NS products.
• Ensure business objectives are aligned with, and activity coordinated across, all key stakeholders (e.g. GP&S, Market Development, Customer Delivery, Area Sales, etc) in order to prioritize initiatives and facilitate their effective implementation.
• Provide guidance to existing customers on best practices and roadmap on MA products and solutions.
• Ensure and own any relevant customer / product communications are done as required wrt bulletins, pricing, compliance etc
All About You
• Strong sales skills – ability to identify and capture opportunities for increasing MasterCard revenue and profitability, while maintaining customer focus. Disciplined approach to sales pipeline development, management, tracking and reporting.
• Proven experience of selling solutions and platforms to financial institutions and corporates with significant experience in sales and business development.
• Strong account management experience – ability to understand customer and constituent needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends and the competitive landscape.
• Strong analytical skills – ability to identify issues before they develop into problems and to proactively resolve issues directly or through escalation to appropriate partners/stakeholders.
• Strong team working skills – ability to work collaboratively and both independently and in a team environment.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills – extensive experience in communicating in international environment at senior management level.
• Relevant tertiary qualifications with a strong track record in the payments industry and deep knowledge of consumer payments.
• High preference for action – results driven and with a disciplined approach to deliver sales targets.
• Strong relationship management skills – experience of managing multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment, matrixed environment, across multiple geographic locations.