Suitably qualified bidders are hereby invited to put forward Expressions of Interest for the procurement of catering services, management and maintenance of accommodation facilities and other related services that will be carried out at Liqhobong Diamond Mine (“the Mine”) in the Kingdom of Lesotho.
The Mine is owned and operated by the Liqhobong Mining and Development Company (Proprietary) Limited (“the Company”) which in turn is owned by Firestone Diamonds plc (75%) and the Government of Lesotho (25%).
The Company intends to engage the services of a suitably qualified Service Provider and the successful bidder will be required to provide the following services:
Accomodation and Laundry Services
- Manage, and maintain all accommodation and laundry facilities for residents and visitors.
- Daily cleaning of offices, ablutions, accommodation blocks, gym, wash and public areas
Meals, Kitchen, and Dining Facilities
- Provide catering, including provision of food, beverages, catering and service equipment and services for special functions and meetings.
- Ensure that people with special dietary needs are catered for.
Bar and Tuck Shop Facilities– Manage, and maintain tuck shop and bar facilities.
The Company’s mining operations will require the supply of goods that fully support the complete delivery of the required services with the necessary spare capacity recommended by the provider for any unplanned interruptions in supply to site considering its remote location.
It is anticipated that the services will be procured, and the facilities fully functional by 1 August 2017. The Service Provider will be required to enter into an appropriate contract with the Company within a time period prescribed in the complete tender proposal distributed to shortlisted bidders.
Submissions of Expressions of Interest
Suitably qualified bidders should hand deliver a written expression of interest in sealed envelopes, bearing no company identity and clearly marked “Tender for Catering, Housekeeping and Laundry Services at Liqhobong Mining Development Company.” to Liqhobong Mining Development Company at Corner Princess Margaret and Orpen Road, LCCI Office Complex in Maseru.
The written expression of interest must set out the following:
- Full particulars of the bidder (including but not limited to particulars of its shareholding as well as registered office in the Kingdom of Lesotho);
- A description of previous contracts of a similar nature carried out by (or presently still being carried out by) the bidder together with full references in this regard;
- A concise description of the financial status of the bidder including the bidder’s ability to finance procurement of the services; and
- Relevant certifications (e.g. ISO 9001) and registrations.
The written expression of interest should not exceed three pages and must reach the Company by no later than the 7th of April 2017 at 16H00. Those bidders considered suitable by the Company in its sole and exclusive discretion will be notified accordingly by no later than 30th April 2017 and invited to receive the complete tender proposal.
The information contained in this request for expressions of interest has been prepared solely for the purposes of providing information to any interested bidders and is not in any way binding on the Company. Furthermore, this request for expressions of interest in no way gives rise to any obligation on the part of the Company to enter into any commercial negotiations or arrangement with any bidder who responds to this request, and the Company’s rights in this regard are fully reserved.
For further clarification, bidders may contact Camp and Site Coordinator at MNtlhakana@liqhobong.co.ls