Duration: SIX Months (extendable);
Duty Station: Maseru.
Job Purpose: to provide efficient and safe transportation of authorised personnel and/or commodities.
Under the general supervision of the Country Director, and direct supervision of the respective Head of Unit, the Driver will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Provide transportation of authorized personnel, including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient
services; Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorised destinations.
2. Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
3. Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
4. Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
5. Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Standard Minimum Academic Qualifications:
High School education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license; two or more years of work experience as a Driver; Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Knowledge and skills:
Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads and conditions, and security issues; of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters; of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, wearable safety devises, etc.); Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods; Knowledge and ability to use radio and other applications; Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
Submit your application, CV and certified certificates to: The Country Director, World Food Programme, and 11 United Nations Road, P.O. Box 301, Maseru 100. Electronic application should be sent to: email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Friday 14 April 2017 at 13:30 hours. Female Drivers are particularly encouraged to apply.