Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives guests from airport and/or from any other point of departure and provides a welcome talk during the trip. Also returns departing guests to the airport as assigned
- Maintains safety standards during transportation of laboratory specimens and medicines
- Ensures timely transportation of laboratory specimens from AHF ART Clinic to the National Reference Laboratory
- Transports laboratory results from NRL to the Clinic in a timely and confidential manner
- Transports staffs and partners to the HTC outreaches and back, in all 10 districts of Lesotho. This will frequently mean sleeping over in the field for 2 or more nights a week
- Maintains vehicle log book, requests for fuel, accounts for all mileage and fuel consumption.
- Does not permit anyone to drive the vehicle, unless authorized to do so
- Maintains cleanliness of the vehicle, including daily cleaning inside. twice weekly car wash
- Maintains vehicle in good mechanical condition. Submits monthly log sheets to support this
- Reports damages, arranges repairs/ replacements immediately with the contracted garage
- Ensure that the vehicle under his care is secured from loss or damage at all times
- Drives safely and responsibly at all times. Complies with the Lesotho driving /traffic rules and regulations. Never drives the vehicle under the influence of alcohol. Observes the non-smoking rule in the vehicle. Observes the NO TAKING /MAKING PHONE CALLS WHILE DRIVING rule (must first park on the road-side to answer /make phone calls)
Education and/or qualification: Attained COSC or Form E; Valid driving permit class C or higher
Language Skills: Ability to read and write English. Minimal Computer skills (e-mail) required
Physical demands: Ability to perform duties under various physically demanding situations including: kneeling, crouching, climbing, lifting, and working outdoors in harsh weather conditions.