PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of the Digital Humanitarian Systems Advisor is to transform WVI’s humanitarian field operations from analogue to digital and thereby leading WVI to create value from its data and drive significant improvements in Child Well Being across all our humanitarian programmes. This position will help WVI discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better programmes.
- This position requires a diverse set of skills, incorporating technical and change management expertise including:
- Organisational behavioural change
- Data mining and machine learning
- Blockchain system development
- Statistical analysis
- User Interface design
- Product and Partnership management
- Transform and develop WVI’s humanitarian ministry into a 21st century digital organisation.
- Secure grants from traditional and non-traditional donors (institutions, corporates, foundations, etc.) to fund the digital humanitarian strategy.
- PNS and other private funding secured from Major Donors.
- Lead the transformation of all WVI’s humanitarian information including websites, data standards (protection and security).
- Lead innovative projects using artificial intelligence and data mining process to create value from information WV already has and to drive change.
- Develop and lead key partnerships with corporates, networks, etc. which bring transformative practices to WVI’s humanitarian work.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- University degree in Behavioural Psychology, Data Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or equivalent related to field.
- Strong empirical knowledge of both the humanitarian/development and business sectors.
- Ability to think strategically, work successfully “outside the box” whilst being able to translate ideas into implementation.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Business development and finance.
- Strong project and information management skills, with the ability to coordinate across various teams.
- Strong IT technical proficiency with special emphasis on data science and user interface design.
- Five years experience in data science, business process improvement, user interface, etc.
- Three years experience in international humanitarian/development and business related activities.
- Proven ability to initiate and manage cross-sector/multi-sector relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work across culturally diverse teams.
- Project Management (preferred).
- Post Graduate degree in Business Administration, Organisational Psychology, or equivalent related to field.
- Expertise in python and D3 programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NGO internal structures and processes.
- Fluent in a second language preferably where WV operates.
- Entrepreneurial/private sector experience.
- Innovation management.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
Closing date: 05 September 2017